Contribute
Register

SSDTs for all i3/i5/i7 - Please Test and Give Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another attempt. Making a new post for easier tracking.

I think I found a few problems with RevoGirl's script and have fixed them. At least in theory... still haven't got through the 1000 page ACPI spec to really understand this stuff.

Unzip the archive and copy the AML file appropriate for your CPU to /Extra/ssdt.aml. Be prepared to experience a KP on boot, in the case these are still not right (ie. be ready to boot from your install media and use Terminal.app to undo the change).

I have tested ssdt_i3_2310m.aml on my HP 4530s, Lion 10.7.4 and it works.

Please give these a try and post back with your experience and what chip you have in your laptop. I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who have chips with TurboBoost (i5/i7). Thanks!!

update:
CONFIRMED WORKING...
i3-2310m - RehabMan, mistseeker
i3-2330m - maly70, Byakuya
i3-2350m - tegezee
i5-2410m - ZAFFE
i5-2430m - BigDonkey
i7-2670qm - tegezee
i7-2720qm - philip_petev

Working for i7-2670QM; thanks to you :)
DropSSDT-no, Generate states-no, Macbook Pro8,3

looks cool for Core i5-2410M!
thanx

BTW how can i get info about how many PStates i'm getting???

removed. confused as to what CPU type i was having (not sandy bridge)

Hello,

I read some earlier posts, came to the conclusion i needed to change my ssdt, I did this got one panic but now i seem to have no video so i cant log in. it flickers and goes black but i can hear error audio from touching keys and pressing return

the run down

Probook 4530s
cpu i3 2350m
4 gig ram
standard video 3000
atheros wifi
osx 10.7.5

i might have made bad options in the probook installer v6 with cpu and video is there anything i can do while mounting the mac hd in windows to change a file, like i did with replacing my ssdt, which seems to have worked. just seems like video issue, if i could get that running i would redo the probook installer v6. properly

I'm running with DropSSDT, GeneratePStates, and GenerateCStates all NO. I theorized (in a different post) that with a proper DSDT and SSDT that these are not necessary after analyzing the source code for Chimera. So far, my theory is correct.

YMMV...

Question about DropSSDT=no. I thought if its no then it will not load your own ssdt in /extra. That is how it worked in Chameleon. Maybe Chimera still looks for ssdt in /extra and if there is one, then it will load it? Can you clarify this please.

WHen I run Darwin Dumper and pull the ACPI tables it shows the the custom dsdt but does not show the ssdt from /extra but rather from the ACPI Bios table instead.

Thanks

Question about DropSSDT=no. I thought if its no then it will not load your own ssdt in /extra. That is how it worked in Chameleon. Maybe Chimera still looks for ssdt in /extra and if there is one, then it will load it? Can you clarify this please.

It will load it either way. DropSSDT determines whether SSDT tables already being provided by the BIOS are passed on to OS X. Sometimes you need it, sometimes you don't. It all depends on what is in those tables and whether they do more more harm than good.

WHen I run Darwin Dumper and pull the ACPI tables it shows the the custom dsdt but does not show the ssdt from /extra but rather from the ACPI Bios table instead.

I've never used Darwin Dumper, but have seen something similar with MaciASL. It will show all the OEM tables with DropSSDT=No, but for each table overridden by a local one (by having a "replacement" in /Extra), it will show the local one. So, it depends on where the OEM placed the normal p-state information. With DropSSDT=Yes, it shows only the SSDT tables loaded from /Extra (SSDT.AML, SSDT-1.AML, etc).

Is these SSDTs still current or a newest version is included in Probook Installer 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back