CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is another attempt. Making a new post for easier tracking.

I think I found a few problems with RevoGirl's script and have fixed them. At least in theory... still haven't got through the 1000 page ACPI spec to really understand this stuff.

Unzip the archive and copy the AML file appropriate for your CPU to /Extra/ssdt.aml. Be prepared to experience a KP on boot, in the case these are still not right (ie. be ready to boot from your install media and use Terminal.app to undo the change).

I have tested ssdt_i3_2310m.aml on my HP 4530s, Lion 10.7.4 and it works.

Please give these a try and post back with your experience and what chip you have in your laptop. I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who have chips with TurboBoost (i5/i7). Thanks!!

update:
CONFIRMED WORKING...
i3-2310m - RehabMan, mistseeker
i3-2330m - maly70, Byakuya
i3-2350m - tegezee
i5-2410m - ZAFFE
i5-2430m - BigDonkey
i7-2670qm - tegezee
i7-2720qm - philip_petev

Attachments

• ssdt.zip
    38 KB · Views: 4,582
I've tested on i5-2430M

- boot time
- number of Pstates
- states reached
- looked for new items in ioreg
- Geekbench performance

Couldn't tell much difference between two versions. Please let me know if I should look for something particular.

That's good. Nothing is really _that_ different between the two of them.

I thought it strange how in the first version CPU0 was defined differently from all the following CPU(1-n) scopes. APSS was a Name on CPU0, and yet a method on CPUx. APSN a Name on CPU0, and not present on the others. ACST a Method on CPU0 and not present on the others. Most of the other SSDT I've seen tend to make all the CPU0-n objects identical to each other.

And there was at least one other person on this forum having trouble with the i5 SSDT, but maybe there is something else wrong with his install...

Oh well... I guess we have time until tonymac approves the new installer anyway...

Thanks for the feedback.

For i3/i5/i7 CPUs you need a proper SSDT to get CPU power management done correctly. You could do some reading on c-states, p-states. It is an Intel SpeedStep/TurboBoost thing.

4330S i3 2330m working like a charm...:)

2410m working properly

i3-2310m SSDT confirmed working on my 4330s (sandy bridge graphics and 3 gigs of Ram)

Question: Are the Generatepstate and DropSSDT changes still needed after this, or should I restore to my original plist file?

Nek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back