Contribute
Register

SSDT or clover patch to disable super I/O (serial port) on GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 10.15.1 and when I initially updated, I forgot to also update WhateverGreen ... which had me stuck, and unable to boot, but the fix was pretty easy of course.

An update to anyone who may still be following this thread;

I've tried to do some further tweaking to make things better, but that only resulted in regression. I'm working with a fresh install having all current kexts injected by clover as to make the process of debugging easier. The biggest issue I'm having is with my RX 580 (still) most of the time, the card cannot wake up from sleep (unless I have my display connected to HDMI2).

WEG 1.3.5 + Lilu 1.4.0 + clover 5099 = no display output at all
WEG 1.3.4 + Lilu 1.3.9 + clover 5098 = best working configuration

An update to anyone who may still be following this thread;

I've tried to do some further tweaking to make things better, but that only resulted in regression. I'm working with a fresh install having all current kexts injected by clover as to make the process of debugging easier. The biggest issue I'm having is with my RX 580 (still) most of the time, the card cannot wake up from sleep (unless I have my display connected to HDMI2).

WEG 1.3.5 + Lilu 1.4.0 + clover 5099 = no display output at all
WEG 1.3.4 + Lilu 1.3.9 + clover 5098 = best working configuration

Hi

You can try this new features for WEG 1.3.5 + Lilu 1.4.0: works fine with Clover r5100 for my rig Z390 Aorus Master + RX580 (SMBIOS Imac19,1). But I don't test wake up from sleep.

Add to boot args: shikigva=16 shiki-id=Board-Id (Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95 for Imac19,1)

Last edited:
I'll have to give that a try (didn't consider using any of the shiki arguments as I've never needed them in the past). That being said, I made sure the RTC patch was being applied in kernel/kext patches, and I no longer have issues with waking from sleep when using DisplayPort. I haven't given hibernate a try as I don't particularly care if that works or not.

I faced the same issue as couldn't find the settings in BIOS F10 :(
Any update on this, did it work for you?
I'll have to give that a try (didn't consider using any of the shiki arguments as I've never needed them in the past). That being said, I made sure the RTC patch was being applied in kernel/kext patches, and I no longer have issues with waking from sleep when using DisplayPort. I haven't given hibernate a try as I don't particularly care if that works or not.

I'm no longer using this motherboard, as the NVRAM issues were really getting to me. Ironically, a few weeks after I downgraded to Z370, the NVRAM fix was made available. I still have the board sitting around, but it's not worth me going through the trouble of setting it back up.

@mattystonnie and with apologies for hijacking this thread, I am interested to disable serial port on Z390 M Gaming also, it is causing problems with wake from sleep for me. Is this something you could help me with? I am a bit of a noob with SSDT and DSDT. I've attached my debug files if you can help I'd be very grateful

Attachments

• debug_12792.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
Went nearly mad with this issue. After all, I downgraded the FW of the Z390 to F8. There is the the possibility to disable the serial ports. After that, the USB problems disappeared.

@mattystonnie and with apologies for hijacking this thread, I am interested to disable serial port on Z390 M Gaming also, it is causing problems with wake from sleep for me. Is this something you could help me with? I am a bit of a noob with SSDT and DSDT. I've attached my debug files if you can help I'd be very grateful

Went nearly mad with this issue. After all, I downgraded the FW of the Z390 to F8. There is the the possibility to disable the serial ports. After that, the USB problems disappeared.
I can’t see any option in F8 BIOS to disable serial ports. I know F7 has the option but not seeing it in F8. I have Z390M Gaming, perhaps your BIOS is different?

I can’t see any option in F8 BIOS to disable serial ports. I know F7 has the option but not seeing it in F8. I have Z390M Gaming, perhaps your BIOS is different?
Downloaded this version from the gigabyte website

Attachments

• IMG_8992.JPG
    IMG_8992.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_8991.JPG
    IMG_8991.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back