HIS Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I am in the process of over clocking so I used the O.C. version of the pre made SSDT. I installed it and everything worked well, however, I want to take my chip (I7-2600K) to 4.5 as my working OC. To make sure my SSDT would handle it, I added 3 states (4300, 4400, and 4500) and changed the package size to match (30 instead of 27.) My first reboot with the edited SSDT resulted in a KP, but a successful boot the second go around. My temps are below 30 on all cores at idle, but I am showing a low end of 23 for my multiplier in HWmonitor, it idled at 16 on the stock SSDT from multi beast. My SSDT does still have the states for 1600, but it won't seem to get there. I have MacPro 3.1 in my smbios. I realize there are more pre made SSDTs out there, but I like to get a better understanding of whats going on behind the scenes. All of this to say, if you could check out the attached SSDT, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Dave

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1 KB · Views: 148
According to Macman u wont get idle multiplier 16 while using OC SSDT.....it will be something higher than (cant remember the value)

I'm experiencing a similar issue, though I'm not overclocking.

I've got a i5-2500 (non-K), which should sit idle at 3.30. I used MultiBeast to add the SSDT for the i5, and now "About this Mac" and "System Profile" show it idling at 3.41.

Also, iStat shows the CPU % jumping around quite a bit since adding the SSDT. This may not be related, but thought I'd mention it.

Any thoughts?

I hadn't realized I would be expecting to not reach x16 on the OC. The values are still there in the SSDT, so I figured I would get there. Having been running this way for a little while I noticed MWmonitor reporting x16 just following a 100% run. I would drop from my current OC of 40 to 16 and then back into the low 20s. Perhaps there are more states than I am noticing, but the machine is stable and temperatures are quite low (low enough that I may actually log into windows to check accuracy.) I am happy with it so far and will definitely be pushing it up as I have time to keep an eye on things.

for theshiv, I think it is expected to see "about this mac" not showing exactly correct values. I can't recall the explanation, but I think people with the same chip get varied results there. About my mac is also a fixed value - you should be idling around 1600mhz, and about my mac won't change with your OC or processor state. It is normal to see jumps in CPU% while you are active on your computer, I don't think the SSDT will have affected that, perhaps you weren't paying attention to it before?

Thanks for the info, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back