Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi shilohh,

dont know if this was mentioned before, but maybe you can add instructions to get rid of a graphical glitch when booting up, namely the Apple Logo not showing up correctly in the 2nd boot stage.
Added step 7 by your request. Also, I used your image as I am away from my hack for a while. Hope that's OK? Please play with it and let me know what you think.

Yeah, looks good!

One thing that came to my mind is that we maybe should store the proper value under "@2,AAPL,boot-display" instead of just "Buffer (Zero) {}," I mean for now it does not seem to matter, but maybe inthe future? So I guess it cannot hurt to use

Code:
Buffer (0x04) {
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

instead.

Yeah, looks good!

One thing that came to my mind is that we maybe should store the proper value under "@2,AAPL,boot-display" instead of just "Buffer (Zero) {}," I mean for now it does not seem to matter, but maybe inthe future? So I guess it cannot hurt to use

Code:
Buffer (0x04) {
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

instead.
I've seen Apple using both "01 00 00 00" and "". I've seen users using "00" and "01". All of which have given the desired result. I want to do some testing when I get back to Texas.

I've seen Apple using both "01 00 00 00" and "". I've seen users using "00" and "01". All of which have given the desired result. I want to do some testing when I get back to Texas.

Yeah, likely it won't matter. Thanks for adding this, hope it helps some users. Only a small touch, but it relly feels better not seeing that logo glitch anymore :thumbup:

I seem to be at a full-blown loss.
I have the black screen problem, but it didn't start until after updating to 10.11.4.

I have tried everything on the 'Black Screen' forum discussion, and am working my way through this now as well. I seem to be at a point where the card is getting moved to GFX1 (Nvidia GTX650) but I cannot for the life of me get anything out to the display. The only thing that works is remote desktop connection! Very frustrating...

I've attached my ACPI-origin.zip in case it helps, and my specs are:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel 6700k CPU
Asus NV GTX 650

I am using the DVI ports.

Help please! :(

Attachments

• ACPI-origin.zip
    103.2 KB · Views: 80
Please do a system report and save it (about this mac > system report > file > save). Use ioregistryexplorer.app to save a ioreg. Open terminal and type bdmesg and hit enter. Copy the output to a text document and save. Put the all the above documents and a copy of your config.plist in a folder named [your user name], zip it, and post it here or using a online file host if you don't have permission to post files here yet.

I found an error in your config but I doubt it's the culprit as it has to do with integrated intel graphics. Either way the correction was made. please try this corrected config and save and post a new ioreg for me. If that doesn't work, try MacPro3,1 to see if you get graphics back. We'll work on getting iMac17,1 going later.

Please also post your SSDT for your GPU. That way I can just add stuff.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 105
I found an error in your config but I doubt it's the culprit as it has to do with integrated intel graphics. Either way the correction was made. please try this corrected config and save and post a new ioreg for me. If that doesn't work, try MacPro3,1 to see if you get graphics back. We'll work on getting iMac17,1 going later.

Please also post your SSDT for your GPU. That way I can just add stuff.

Okay, so attached are both the new IORegistryExplorer save, and the SSDT for the GPU.

I tried MacPro3,1... it did not work. Exactly the same as iMac17,1 (Black screen of nothingness).

Attachments

• Alan’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    655.5 KB · Views: 90
  • SSDT-GFX1-Kepler.dsl
    2.2 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back