Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last question : suppose I follow everything correctly, Do I have to do step 3c (my card is GTX1060 PASCAL, I didn't find a patch file for my PASCAL card for step 3c)?
You can use the Maxwell patch.

You can use the Maxwell patch.
I have followed all instructions, but it doesn't fix the problem. I don't know what I did any thing wrong. I uploaded IOREg, DSDT and SSDT-1 files for your analysis, if you are kind and have time to advise.

My build is :
i7 6800K
Asrock Taichi X88
Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 32GB
Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6GB
2 monitors : Dell P2415Q 4K and AOC i3288vwh6

Scenario :
I connect Dell to DP port and AOC to HDMI. Actually, my Dell has never worked since upgrading to El Capitan and Sierra. No hope for the Dell. Before using AOC, I used Viewsonic connecting to another DP port, and it could work well with injecting NVidia Webdrivers. However it was strange that VRAM was only 256MB.

Last week, I just change Viewsonic to AOC which has no DP port. Then I connect it to HDMI. Then my Hackintosh goes black screen.

After following this post and applying patched SSDT-0, I also tried by disabling CSM. Both AOC and Dell displays in glitch. With enabling CSM, AOC could show apple logo half way and goes black. But Dell has no hope at all, it goes black screen.

Now I can use Hackintosh with argument flag nv_disable=1.

If you are kind to help analyze and provide an advice. I would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• scr.jpg
    scr.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 123
  • pu’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 146
  • DSDT.aml
    166.3 KB · Views: 180
  • SSDT-0.aml
    422 bytes · Views: 164
  • config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 236

If you are kind to help analyze and provide an advice. I would be very appreciated.
Have you tried re-installing the NVIDIA web drivers? I have found this to be necessary after a change in injected graphics card properties.

A couple of changes for your config.plist

Clover nvidia injection should be disabled as it does the same as having the SSDT-0
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<false/>
</dict>
New 'NvidiaWeb' key in 'SystemParameters' for enabling/disabling nvidia web drivers
Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>
so removing obsolete parameters the XNU command line in 'Boot' can be
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>-xcpm npci=0x2000</string>

Edit: Also see this thread about booting with 2 monitors attached

Attachments

• config-2.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
[QUOTE="vulgo, [/QUOTE]

OMG.....Yeah! Success.
Thanks a lot...Mr. Vulgo. You're like my God. It has been half a year under hopeless.

My GTX1060 can have full 6GB. Dell P2415Q can work. Two monitors can display normally.
However, the max resolution is 3008x1692, not 4K. Any idea, sir? However, I'm very glad what I can have now.

I uploaded my files as a case study for other persons to try out, and also if you want to verify it again.

Confirm. This post does really work, especially a great help from Mr. Vulgo.

Thanks a lot to Mr. Vulgo again.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2560-05-10 at 4.51.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2560-05-10 at 4.51.39 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2560-05-10 at 4.51.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2560-05-10 at 4.51.57 PM.png
    12.2 MB · Views: 145
  • pu’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    5.5 MB · Views: 139
  • DSDT.aml
    166.3 KB · Views: 162
  • SSDT-0.aml
    422 bytes · Views: 144
Last edited:
[QUOTE="vulgo,

OMG.....Yeah! Success.
Thanks a lot...Mr. Vulgo. You're like my God. It has been half a year under hopeless.

My GTX1060 can have full 6GB. Dell P2415Q can work. Two monitors can display normally.
However, the max resolution is 3008x1692, not 4K. Any idea, sir? However, I'm very glad what I can have now.

I uploaded my files as a case study for other persons to try out, and also if you want to verify it again.

Thanks a lot to Mr. Vulgo again.[/QUOTE]
Did you have to reinstall web drivers or just the above changes?

the max resolution is 3008x1692, not 4K.
Try this in terminal and reboot. See if you get 1920x1080 High DPI for 4K.
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Try this in terminal and reboot. See if you get 1920x1080 High DPI for 4K.
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Looks like nothing happens. Anyway, I'm happy and satisfied with what it is now. Thanks a lot, sir.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2560-05-11 at 4.49.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2560-05-11 at 4.49.34 AM.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
OMG.....Yeah! Success.

Thanks a lot to Mr. Vulgo again.
Did you have to reinstall web drivers or just the above changes?[/QUOTE]

I did all suggested changes and also re-install Nvidia Webdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back