Contribute
Register

SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys!
Can you please tell me what do I need to do after ssdtPRGen successfully generated all my cpu states and copied a compiled ssdt file into my Extra folder?
I still get only 3 states with my i7 4770 (non k).

Do I need to enable a few switches in Chameleon Wizard or something else?

Thank you for your help!

What three states are you getting?

See here for more info on PM: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

I'm getting 800-3400-3700.

ssdtPRGen:
Number of Turbo States: 5 (3500-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 32 (800-3900 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

I have an i5-3570k and it stays at 800 Mhz with the SSDT.aml generated with ssdtPRGen.

Is CPU power management with SSDT.aml supposed to work in Mavericks 10.9.1?

That is very kind of you.
I attached it.

Attachments

• Mac.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 114
That is very kind of you.
I attached it.

I'm not sure. Make sure you have correct AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for your version of OS X. Also, make sure you have stock IOPlatformPlugInFamily.kext, complete with X86PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources/*.plist with plist matching your board-id.

You're testing your pstates with DPCIManager or MSRDumper or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, correct?

You could also try running with XCPM (kernel flag -xcpm) just for grins/comparisons.

I'm not sure. Make sure you have correct AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for your version of OS X. Also, make sure you have stock IOPlatformPlugInFamily.kext, complete with X86PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources/*.plist with plist matching your board-id.

You're testing your pstates with DPCIManager or MSRDumper or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, correct?

You could also try running with XCPM (kernel flag -xcpm) just for grins/comparisons.

Currently:
1. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is stock
2. IOPlatformPlugInFamily is stock
3. X86PlatformPlugin is stock, unedited
4. Testing with HWMonitor

The above setup worked me 100% under 10.8.5, but not with 10.9.1. This is why I asked about it.

Interesting thing:
I tried with my previous SSDT.aml (which worked under 10.8.5) and it gives me 1.6-3.8 Ghz steps. The problem is that I have to click on HWMonitor to actually see the clock changes as it wouldn't change if I leave it alone and don't click. I tried to update HWMonitor and the same thing remained. This is why I recreated the SSDT.aml under Mavericks but with that SSDT I get only 800 Ghz and it stays there. I attach the two SSDTs. They are different even though I created them on the same config with the same ssdtPRGen. ML one is 1375 bytes, the new Mavericks one is 927 bytes!

Attachments

• (10.8.5) SSDT.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 97
  • (10.9.1) ssdt.aml
    927 bytes · Views: 114
Currently:
1. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is stock
2. IOPlatformPlugInFamily is stock
3. X86PlatformPlugin is stock, unedited
4. Testing with HWMonitor

The above setup worked me 100% under 10.8.5, but not with 10.9.1. This is why I asked about it.

Interesting thing:
I tried with my previous SSDT.aml (which worked under 10.8.5) and it gives me 1.6-3.8 Ghz steps. The problem is that I have to click on HWMonitor to actually see the clock changes as it wouldn't change if I leave it alone and don't click. I tried to update HWMonitor and the same thing remained. This is why I recreated the SSDT.aml under Mavericks but with that SSDT I get only 800 Ghz and it stays there. I attach the two SSDTs. They are different even though I created them on the same config with the same ssdtPRGen. ML one is 1375 bytes, the new Mavericks one is 927 bytes!

HwMonitor is not a valid way to test pstates. Use a different method (one of those that I mentioned) to track pstates.

Ok, I'll experiment if you say it should work.

I still don't understand why ssdtPRGen produce different SSDT.amls under Mavericks and Mountain Lion. I think the problem originates from this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back