Contribute
Register

SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved my Speed-Stepping problem by changing the SMBIOS back to MacPro3,1. I was running iMac13,1.

Solved my Speed-Stepping problem by changing the SMBIOS back to MacPro3,1. I was running iMac13,1.
That is a well known workaround, but that is not what you should do. Just wait for things to change for the better.

You should be using 1100. Only MacBookAir5,1 and MacBookAir5,2 use 800 MHz.

The first problem I want to solve is the duplicated P-State, but that won't happen when people have EIST enabled in their UEFI BIOS, OC and use values that even Apple isn't using.
I am sorry, my feedback was not useful...

Listen. I am fine about using 800 MHz, but only when Intel said that it can be done. That Intel supports lower frequencies on desktop processors, and that using it won't hurt the lifespan. Better safe than sorry.

Also. The 2012 iMac's aren't using anything below 1600 MHz. The 2012 Mac mini and MacBook Pro don't use anything below 1200 MHz. Only the MacBook Air uses 800 MHz.
All this longevity stuff seems a bit pointless if we can't even see the voltages, those are much closely related to longevity, battery usage... So yes i agree with you that is a bit pointless to have a 10+ p-states that don't work right, is much better to have less that work right and hit the right voltages. But I never heard of low MHz being a degrading factor to a CPUs lifespan.

That is a well known workaround, but that is not what you should do. Just wait for things to change for the better.

I havent been able to create a SSDT.aml that works with iMac13,1. I am also overclocking and have EIST disabled.

If I check my boot.log it shows SSDT CpuPM and SataTabl being dropped, then it finds loads the SSDT-1.aml .... but no p-states besides min and max.

I havent been able to create a SSDT.aml that works with iMac13,1. I am also overclocking and have EIST disabled.

If I check my boot.log it shows SSDT CpuPM and SataTabl being dropped, then it finds loads the SSDT-1.aml .... but no p-states besides min and max.
iMac13,1 is not working, try macmini6,2 or macbookpro10,1.

you did a great work,thank you:thumbup:
i got this warning
Code:
cpu-type may be set improperly (0x0601 instead of 0x0604)
i'm using a overclocked 3570k

i tested,800Mhz:silent:

Thank you.

About the warning. That's because you are using the wrong cpu-type in your SMBIOS (settings). It is either detected incorrectly by the bootloader, or you may have used the wrong value in your bootloaders configuration plist. The problem is that I don't use Chameleon/Chimera or Clover and thus I do not know what name they use, you may know this, so all I can say is to look in the /Extra directory.

what boot loader do you use?

Hei bro,we're using the same CPU,my ssdt did not work,can I have a look at yours? thx

what boot loader do you use?
I am using RevoBoot, and I can because I don't need a GUI and only want to boot OS X. It is probably also the most difficult boot loader to setup since you have to compile it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back