Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the following setup:
X9Dai, 2 x E5-2690v1 (Sandy Bridge)
Definition: MacPro 6,1

Everything works fine with no SSDT and NullCpuPowerManagement.kext, but the performance is a lot lower than it should be as a result. I've been pulling my hair over this for the last month. I can't seem to get power management working for my setup, despite following the guides to the letter.

Piker's script recognizes the CPU, but warns that it is a Sandy Bridge one.
If I try to use the generated SSDT I get a kernel panic on startup with the message
"Setting P-Limit is unsupported on this system" or the SSDT is simply ignored
(depending on the manual settings for the Piker Script) and the CPUs run super hot in comparison.

also, the system as a whole feels a lot slower and sluggish compared to my previous one when it comes to loading data from
the SSD drive. I tried setting -xcmp_ipi in clover / boot as suggested for dual systems, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has anyone the same setup and can post the SSDT? I would really appreciate it. :)

I leave this here in case anyone else googles for a solution.
What solved it was to move all kexts from clover to the system extensions folder.
After that the SSDT was loading fine (attached).

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml
    4.6 KB · Views: 349
I leave this here in case anyone else googles for a solution.
What solved it was to move all kexts from clover to the system extensions folder.
After that the SSDT was loading fine (attached).
How come this fixed it? Do you have a thread that you saw for researching? How do you know if your SSDT was loading or not?

You can only load kexts inside clover that have no dependencies on the system.
The offender being AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
If I tried loading it with clover I always had a kernel panic. Moving it over to System/Libraries/Extensions
fixed it. I have all speed steps and the system runs as expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back