Contribute
Register

SSDT for Asus Z370-I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply can not get the OC-installer USB to boot correctly. After choosing "Install macOS…" in the OC-Bootloader it get's stuck very quickly on some ACPI related errors (see image Attached).

-> may your BIOS settings are not set correctly
-> What WLAN Module do you use? / I replaced mine with a BCM / AirportExtreme
-> I'd disabled the USB 3.1 completely because it's not a Intel Chipset
--> I have the latest BIOS installed, try to do a default reset and apply the settings that are recommended from dortania

Afterwards I tried to create a custom one but apparently can't figure out how to get this done correctly (don't have linux or windows, tried the manual approach on mac)

--> Stick with my files and do not try to mix and match other files. My SSDT files are working fine. Without any issues and this should also the case if you use the same motherboard than I do. Start to optimise the things after you have a working configuration

--> HOWTO; task that can only be done via Linux or windows. If you create a LINUX Mint boot stick and download the files to running system the job is done in 5min. /

slowgeek
--> The goal must be no errors at all with the correct CPU and OC Version. Thats good

Last edited:
I simply can not get the OC-installer USB to boot correctly. After choosing "Install macOS…" in the OC-Bootloader it get's stuck very quickly on some ACPI related errors (see image Attached).

-> may your BIOS settings are not set correctly
-> What WLAN Module do you use? / I replaced mine with a BCM / AirportExtreme
-> I'd disabled the USB 3.1 completely because it's not a Intel Chipset
--> I have the latest BIOS installed, try to do a default reset and apply the settings that are recommended from dortania

Afterwards I tried to create a custom one but apparently can't figure out how to get this done correctly (don't have linux or windows, tried the manual approach on mac)

--> Stick with my files and do not try to mix and match other files. My SSDT files are working fine. Without any issues and this should also the case if you use the same motherboard than I do. Start to optimise the things after you have a working configuration

--> HOWTO; task that can only be done via Linux or windows. If you create a LINUX Mint boot stick and download the files to running system the job is done in 5min. /

slowgeek
--> The goal must be no errors at all with the correct CPU and OC Version. Thats good

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Unfortunately no luck so far.

What I did:
Regarding WLAN
  • I have replaced the original WLAN Card with a bcm94360hmb with a DELOCK M.2 Key A+Econverter > Mini PCIe (could not fit the card in the slot). Works under Catalina.
  • I also tried disabling WIFI & Bluetooth in the BIOS completely
  • I did not use any BCM kexts in OC for now, since I wanted to get the system up and running via Ethernet (one less thing to worry about). Under Catalina I need them though to get bluetooth working.
Do I need to include USBInjectAll in the kexts? (For my clover system I created a USBports.kext to map my ports correctly. I did not include this in my OC configuration as this is part of post-install afaik.)

Hi, I'd attached my actual OC configuration. Please try the attached config. plist. I removed the serial numbers and replaced them with a CAPITAL WORD.
  • Reverted to your SSDTs (Side question here: what is the SSDT-HPET for?
    -> Frankly I don't know. Those are the files that the tool had created. Eventually this file is not needed.
  • I don't have XHCI Hand-off option, Keyboard & Mouse simulator is disabled in BIOS
    -> Newer ever thought about this option. I use the Apple BT keyboard and touchpad
  • bcm94360hmb (I use the same, with a adapter placed into the same slot. Removed the original metal case around the asus card.
  • Do I need to include USBInjectAll in the kext?
    -> NO, if you create or use a SSDT files for your specific mainboard, DON'T use the USBInjectAll kext.
    Stay away from this. To create and use a custom SSDT is key for a stable and compatible running system
If this will not work I do not have any thoughts how I can help you.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    57.6 MB · Views: 149
  • config.plist
    23 KB · Views: 139
Hi, I'd attached my actual OC configuration. Please try the attached config. plist. I removed the serial numbers and replaced them with a CAPITAL WORD.
    -> Frankly I don't know. Those are the files that the tool had created. Eventually this file is not needed.
  • I don't have XHCI Hand-off option, Keyboard & Mouse simulator is disabled in BIOS
    -> Newer ever thought about this option. I use the Apple BT keyboard and touchpad
  • bcm94360hmb (I use the same, with a adapter placed into the same slot. Removed the original metal case around the asus card.
    -> NO, if you create or use a SSDT files for your specific mainboard, DON'T use the USBInjectAll kext.
    Stay away from this. To create and use a custom SSDT is key for a stable and compatible running system
Which version of OC are you using exactly? Slowgeek is giving me a bunch of errors when I put the config through with 0.6.4.

Stay focused. 0.65 - When you update the OC, you do not need to edit the plist. Just replace the files with the new ones.
  1. Create the serials and replace them inside the plist.
  2. Create the USB install stick as described by dora.
  3. Try to install the OS
  4. If the install stops - collect the logs and come back

: )

BR XDan

I finally made it! It bugged me that I couldn't get my config to work so I compared it to yours and looked around. The problem seemed to be related with settings in the boot quirks. I had to set:

- "DevirtualiseMmio" to "False"
- "RebuildAppleMemoryMap" to "False". (There's also a footnote that I overlooked)
- Also there's an option under UEFI > Quirks > ReleaseUsbOwnership that I set to "True". Not sure if that did much though.

I ended up using my config after all. @XDAN I want to thank you so much for putting in the time to help me understand OC better! You should feel hugged right now.

Do you have a proper USBmap.kext lying around? I think the one I created under catalina is not 100% correct as my bluetooth is a bit laggy (Using the IODongle via USB Port).

WoW that are good news. Thank you @matksr! I suggest to do the SSDT stuff via Linux. So you not need to fiddle around with USBInjectAll. Also, you do not need to do this - you have the same mainboard then I with the same bios version. Based on that my files should work without any modification - no need to create the SSDT files. If you have really be tempted to create them - use the LiNUX script

Hi,
I don't know, if I'm the only one, but you config.plist file has a formatting error that's thrown by ProperTree running on Catalina: "mismatched tag: line 855, column 4"
Anybody with the same problem, or is it just me?
edit: I had tried with different plist editors but the file wouldn't open. You can use any text editor to fix formatting... line 854 is missing '<" character.

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't know, if I'm the only one, but you config.plist file has a formatting error that's thrown by ProperTree running on Catalina: "mismatched tag: line 855, column 4"
Anybody with the same problem, or is it just me?
edit: I had tried with different plist editors but the file wouldn't open. You can use any text editor to fix formatting... line 854 is missing '<" character.
Yes I have the same error and could not fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back