Contribute
Register

SSDT for Asus Z370-I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi XDAN,

I'm using your SSDT on 10.14.6 but I'm having three issues:

- the front USB ports on my case are USB 3.0 but any 3.0 devices plugged in the front only run at 480Mbps according to System Information. The same device plugged into the rear onboard ports reports 5Gbps. The Fractal case I use is definitely equipped with USB 3.0 ports. When running Windows on the same machine I do get USB 3.0 speeds.
- USB 3.1 devices show up in System Information under the "USB 3.0 Bus" section, whereas the "USB 3.1 Bus" section stays empty
- USB 3.1 devices that report 10Gbps on a Macbook only report 5Gbps on my Z370-I hackintosh

I checked with IORegistry Explorer and confirmed that all ports are configured to the correct speeds, but actual speeds reported by System Information are different.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi I'm on vacation so I can't go in detail now.

I'm not an expert on this subject but I'll try you explain my thoughts about it.

-You can not compare the USB configuration and setup with Windows.
-OSX does have a USB Port limit. That's very important to understand! In OSX there are 15 logical USB ports max that osx can manage.
-I'd disabled the USB 3.1 controller on the bios because It's not a Intel USB controller chip.
-With my configuration only one USB Port works as 3.0 / 2.0 speed at the front panel. I did that to keep the logical port number below 15. You can easy set up your own ssdt. It takes some time to figure it out.
-I suggest to stay at the most stable instead to the maxed out usb configuration.

hope this helps

Hi, sorry for the latency - was AWFK.
follow the guide of @pastrychef and you are golden.
just copy over my efi and the board with the same components will boot

Does anybody have a working OpenCore EFI for this motherboard?

I would really appreciate:)

What are the advantages for that?

Kindly check following link for Opencore wiki => https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

My OC 5.4.0 EFI is attached.
Don't forget to add your serial, MLB, MAC as ROM and SystemUUID. (see attached screenshot)

I have following hardware:
  • Asus Z370-i
  • i7-8700K
  • MSI RX Vega 64 (watercooled & undervoltet)
  • 32 GB RAM
  • M.2 SATA Samsung SSD 970 EVO 512 GB
  • Wifi & BT BCM943602BAED
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.3
  • iMacPro1,1
Following things are tested and working:
  • Quick Sync / HEVC
  • Sleep/Wake
  • Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
  • Audio ( DP/HDMI/Klinge)
  • Ethernet
  • AirPlay / Continuity / AirDrop / Handoff
  • iMessage
  • USB

Attachments

• change_config_plist.png
    change_config_plist.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 322
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 345
Hi Har0n, thank you for sorting this out. I will follow this discussion. Do know how the usb limit is addressed with open core?

Hy @XDAN , First thanks for doing all of this work !!
I have tried several time to use your Custom SSDT but without any success to make it works on my build.
Have the same motherboard as you with an I7 8700K and RX5700 XT. I will upload my EFI as well.

So Basically what I have try
Deleted USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml
Deleted USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml with SSDT-USBX.aml
USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml
USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml with SSDT-USBX.aml

and every time during the boot he stop and don't do anything

if you can take a look at my efi and give me a feedback about it I would really appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32 MB · Views: 175
Hy @XDAN , First thanks for doing all of this work !!
I have tried several time to use your Custom SSDT but without any success to make it works on my build.
Have the same motherboard as you with an I7 8700K and RX5700 XT. I will upload my EFI as well.

So Basically what I have try
Deleted USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml
Deleted USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml with SSDT-USBX.aml
USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml
USBInjectAll.kext and add you SSDT in the patch folder SSDT-UIAC.aml with SSDT-USBX.aml

and every time during the boot he stop and don't do anything

if you can take a look at my efi and give me a feedback about it I would really appreciated

Hi, thank for reaching me out. I'm happy to help you. I life at the timezone UTC+01:00. Comeback to you tomorrow morning. BR XDAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back