Contribute
Register

SSDT for Asus Z370-I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I‘m on the same page, but I do not have a clue about those messages.. let me think about it.

Right on! Im guessing they're suppose to happen but I'd love to know for sure.

Hi @XDAN, sorry to bother you again, but i want to ask you if you're able to see the external hard drivers with the yellow icon in the Desktop.
I've tried to add the "External icons patch" to the KernelAndKextPatches section, but it didn't help, any thoughts?

Hi,

no issue.

This is what I get when I connect hard drive to my front case USB ports.
Let me know if I should test something else.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 14.03.09.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 14.03.09.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 127
Well also in your case it seems to be detected as an internal hard disk. When macOS is working properly, the external hard disks in addition to having a different icon they are also mounted to the desktop with a yellow icon, that is somewhat handy

Last edited:
Great post @XDAN. I've got a very very similar build and love it. I saw earlier in the thread someone posted about "already patched!" in the boot log. I've been tightening up my build making sure I don't have redundancies and that it's working fully and was curious if that part of the boot log is normal or not. I've got three concerns:

PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol not found
Driver Needs Connecting
Bin not found, already patched

Is this all normal?

1. PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol not found
0:124 0:000 PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol not found. Installing ... Success

2. Driver Needs Connecting
=== [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
0:110 0:000 Loading AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi status=Success
0:111 0:001 Loading UsbKbDxe-64.efi status=Success
0:112 0:001 - driver needs connecting
0:112 0:000 Loading HFSPlus.efi status=Success
0:114 0:001 - driver needs connecting
0:114 0:000 Loading DataHubDxe-64.efi status=Success

0:117 0:002 Loading FSInject-64.efi status=Success
0:118 0:001 Loading SMCHelper-64.efi status=Success
0:119 0:001 Loading ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi status=Success

3. Bin not found, already patched
No Messages inside the Log anymore

-> Bootlog looks clean now.

I'll attached my EFI to the Post in the upcoming days If I can confirm the system ist stable.

XDAN

XDAN, extremely helpful. I'm building a very similar config. Just a couple of questions about your SSDT-UIAC.dsl. Ports 7 through 10 on this board are USB2, but I noticed that you coded the UsbConnector for them as 3, not 0. I thought USB2 always got a 0. Have I missed something? Also, "port-count" before the ports are listed is a bit of a mystery. Is it maximum that can exist for this board, or a count of the actual ports specified? Finally, do/did you make any BIOS changes, specifically USB Single Port Control?

Hi Rick, thank you very much for pointing this out! The text is confusing o_O
  • Ports 7 through 10 on this board are USB2, but I noticed that you coded the UsbConnector for them as 3, not 0. I thought USB2 always got a 0
    -> Yes, I did a mistake - but I don't know if this really matters?
  • Also, "port-count" before the ports are listed is a bit of a mystery. Is it maximum that can exist for this board, or a count of the actual ports specified?
    -> Yes this is the Maximum logical USB ports that the mainboard can host. A physical USB port can serve two logical ports. One USB2 and the other is USB 3.
  • Finally, do/did you make any BIOS changes, specifically USB Single Port Control?
    -> I'd disabled the USB 3.1 controller inside the bios - Its not an Intel USB controller. Member x6387 suggested that. I do not need USB 3.1
I'd attached my current EFI folder to my first post. Everything is working as aspected without any issues.

That's great, I used your EFI, the machine works, I look forward to your further updates.

I have almost the exact same config you have, meaning the same board and same case, but copying your ssdt in clover- acpi-patched didn't do the trick. I still had all the ports enabled. In the end, I used USBmap to make a kext as it seemed much quicker than going into the ssdt trying to figure out why it works on your machine and not mine. The USB kext takes about an hour, 15 minutes if you have done it before.

Hi, I can not support USBmap. I never used and I also do not plan to use the tool.

My five cents regarding your issues

- Bios Settings
- Just copy /replace my EFi files with yours at the EFI partition.

When the system boots, configure the SMBios settings....Serial number / SmUUID etc. You will find plenty of guides in the forum.

I'm confident, if you don't destroy the config.plist with nonsense, the system will work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back