Contribute
Register

SSDT for Asus Z370-I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank XDAN for putting this guide together and the responses to questions asked of him. I used the EFI he posted on page 1 and have a fully functioning ASUS z370-I Gaming setup. I did some tweaking to the SSDT file and re-created it for my Case (Cougar QBX). It makes the front Ports USB 3, full 5GB speed.

Note: in my EFI, 3 of the 4 USB 2.0 Ports do not work on the back of the Motherboard, they are disabled due to the 15 Port limit. Only the Top USB 2.0 port works, the lower 3 do not.

I have attached my EFI folder. It is very vanilla with the SSDT changes (I use an MSI rx 580 GPU). I think that is the best approach. I have some additional KEXT files for my Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth card that you can delete if you desire. Hopefully this helps folks. Thank you.

Also, the UUID/Serial number is generic. I generated it before I uploaded, so be sure to change that in SMBIOS

Attachments

• z370-I Gaming EFI w-SSDT.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Some corrections for Port Map in post #1.

Remarks :
  • 15 ports limit only apply to intel chipsets
  • you can disable AS Media USB 3.1 Gen2 chip in Bios to avoid confusion with intel chipset ports
Hope it helps.

Code:
# Port Map

# Intel Z370                    Speed     USB2  USB31G1  USB31G2       Name                Connector   Location
HS01: SS01:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_12            3           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel R
HS02: SS02:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_12            3           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel L

HS03: SS03:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_34            3           Mainboard external
HS04: SS04:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_34            3           Mainboard external

HS05: SS05:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_5             3           Mainboard external
HS06: SS06:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_C6            9           Mainboard external Type C

HS07:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external
HS08:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external
HS09:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external
HS10:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external

HS11:                           USB2.0    1                            USB1112             0           Mainboard Onboard PIN
HS12:                           USB2.0    1                            USB1112             0           Mainboard Onboard PIN
HS13:                           USB2.0    1                            Aura LED            255         Mainboard Onboard
HS14:                           USB2.0    1                            M.2(WIFI)           255         Mainboard M.2 Key E

Total                                     14   6         0

Summary                                      20 Ports

# AS Media USB 3.1 Gen2         Speed     USB2  USB31G1  USB31G2       Name                Connector   Location

PRT1:                           USB3.1                   1             U31G2_EC1           9           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel
PRT2:                           USB3.1                   1             U31G2_EC1           9           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel
PRT3:                           USB2.0    1                            U31G2_EC1           9           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel
PRT4: (not used)
Total                                     1     0        2

Summary                                     3 Ports

Thank you John. Good Point. I do not use the the ports. I will create a new SSDT next week and keep you guys posted.

Hello!
I have a configuration based on the MB Asus Z370-I Gaming with 32 Gb, Intel i7 8700 and the Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX580 8gb. I had many Mojave install with various SMBIOS, various combinations of kexts and config.plists. The one that you provided at the start of this thread has been almost perfect for my configuration. The problem that I have is that with any of the configurations I used, yours included, when I use the Displayport of the RX580 with my 4k monitor Philips PHL BDM4350 I always get jagged and continuously moving and flickering image when I boot this way. I couldn't find any solution so far. So I ask you if you ever encountered this problem, if you used the Displayport of the RTX580 and if you have any kind of solution to this problem. Thank you in advance. I will attach my EFI.zip file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.6 MB · Views: 143
Hi sageata, sorry to hear that. No, I do not use a DP to connect my display. Give me some time and let me think about the possibilities. What is your IT skill level?

Thank you! I think I have an intermediate level of IT knowledge. And if don't have the infos I fight my way to get them. I will wait patiently (kind of).

Hi!

SMBIOS iMac 18,3 is probably the best for that configuration.

here is my configuration for graphic with intel + RX580 DisplayPort

- in config.plist under Device\Properties (you have 2 devices is id under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0), remove them)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0): AAPL,ig-platform-id : 0300923E

- in your kexts/Other folder
remove IntelGraphicsFixup that is now part of WhateverGreen
remove your backups folder because Clover inject it already !

Please Try ! (don't forget to backup before...)

The only thing that didn't work on my system is iTunes DRM playback. I'm working on it.

Thank you so much. It's now working!. Thanks everyone on this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back