Contribute
Register

SSDT for Asus Z370-I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Good to read that everything is working now. My initial thoughts are to upgrade the Firmware of the RX580 and this process is not that easy. That's why I ask sageata about his skill level. I had no time this week to rebuild my SSDT. Will do that soon and post my findings. Do you guys know GIT? In my opinion, it would be much easier to keep track of the modifications we did to the configuration. I'd ask the moderator if this is allowed in this forum.

you need to remove usb ssdt relate file from ACPI/patched folder
  • in config.plist, add patches change EHC1 to EH01, change EHC2 to EH02 and change XHCI to XHC with Clover list of patches.
  • place USBPorts.kext in your kexts\Other folder
Hope it helps.

I am on a Z390 and am also using a custom SSDT. What I am not sure of is do we still need to make those patches if using WhatEverGreen? Also I could not see the change XHCI to XHC in the list of patches so I created it manually.

I disabled them to see what would happen and everything seems ok.

Some corrections for Port Map in post #1.

Remarks :
  • 15 ports limit only apply to intel chipsets
  • you can disable AS Media USB 3.1 Gen2 chip in Bios to avoid confusion with intel chipset ports
Hope it helps.

Code:
# Port Map

# Intel Z370                    Speed     USB2  USB31G1  USB31G2       Name                Connector   Location
HS01: SS01:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_12            3           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel R
HS02: SS02:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_12            3           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel L

HS03: SS03:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_34            3           Mainboard external
HS04: SS04:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_34            3           Mainboard external

HS05: SS05:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_5             3           Mainboard external
HS06: SS06:                     USB3.1    1     1                      U31G1_C6            9           Mainboard external Type C

HS07:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external
HS08:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external
HS09:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external
HS10:                           USB2.0    1                            USB7_10             0           Mainboard external

HS11:                           USB2.0    1                            USB1112             0           Mainboard Onboard PIN
HS12:                           USB2.0    1                            USB1112             0           Mainboard Onboard PIN
HS13:                           USB2.0    1                            Aura LED            255         Mainboard Onboard
HS14:                           USB2.0    1                            M.2(WIFI)           255         Mainboard M.2 Key E

SS07: (not used)
SS08: (not used)
SS09: (not used)
SS10: (not used)

USR1: (not used)
USR2: (not used)

Total                                     14    6        0

Summary                                      20 Ports

# AS Media USB 3.1 Gen2         Speed     USB2  USB31G1  USB31G2       Name                Connector   Location

PRT1:                           USB3.1                   1             U31G2_EC1           9           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel
PRT2:                           USB3.1                   1             U31G2_EC1           9           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel
PRT3:                           USB2.0    1                            U31G2_EC1           9           Mainboard Onboard Front Panel
PRT4: (not used)
Total                                     1     0        2

Summary                                     3 Ports

Edit : added unused ports

######

Disabled the AS Media USB ports - all good. In my opinion, sleep works more reliable since then.
Kr. XDan

Hi,

i've been using your EFI folder for quite a while now and sometimes i get a strange UI lag, it's like it drops frames during the animations. It happens especially after i wake the computer from sleep.

It's hard to catch it on the video, but it looks like really laggy in real life

The only thing that i've changed from your EFI folder is:
  • SMBIOS to 18,3
  • Audio section, that for some reason didn't work with your configuration
  • Removed PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) Properties section
Here you can see the diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/vGV0NPc9

Any suggestion on how can i debug this issue?

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I
CPU: 8700k
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
Monitor: 4K DP + 1080 HDMI

Is the one attached to the first post up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back