GTX980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I want to share the USB limit port SSDT file (and template) for the Asus Z170-A motherboard.

This SSDT patch only has these ports defined:

- 2 USB2/USB3 ports connected to the USB3_12 motherboard header. These ports are usually connected to the front of your case.
- 2 USB2 ports at the back of your case, upper part.
- 2 USB2/3 ports at the back of the case, middle part.

There are 10 ports defined in total, so they fit in the 15 maximum limit. I didn't include all others because I don't need them and this way there's no need to add uia_exclude on the config.plist

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Template.dsl
    3.1 KB · Views: 547
  • SSDT-USB-Z170A.aml
    502 bytes · Views: 759
Thanks this SSDT works perfect. Can you add 1 USB2 Motherboard header (2ports) to the above list? I need it for my Broadcom bluetooth pci card.

Thanks again.

I have a Z170 AR, which is very similar to an Asus Z170A which the OP uses, and I just created an SSDT with the additional support for the left USB mobo header out of the OP's template. I can confirm that my modified SSDT w/ USB header entry works with my bluetooth/pcie wifi card. Hope it helps you out if you still need it. Otherwise, hope it helps anyone else out who may need it. I've also attached the template with the added entry.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Z170AR w mobo header.aml
    540 bytes · Views: 515
  • SSDT-USB-Z170AR w mobo header template.dsl
    3.3 KB · Views: 370
Can you share your dsdt and config files? I also this motherboard,thanks!

Thanks this SSDT works perfect. Can you add 1 USB2 Motherboard header (2ports) to the above list? I need it for my Broadcom bluetooth pci card.

Thanks again.
Can you share your dsdt and config files? I also this motherboard,thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 486
Hello,

I want to share the USB limit port SSDT file (and template) for the Asus Z170-A motherboard.

This SSDT patch only has these ports defined:

- 2 USB2/USB3 ports connected to the USB3_12 motherboard header. These ports are usually connected to the front of your case.
- 2 USB2 ports at the back of your case, upper part.
- 2 USB2/3 ports at the back of the case, middle part.

There are 10 ports defined in total, so they fit in the 15 maximum limit. I didn't include all others because I don't need them and this way there's no need to add uia_exclude on the config.plist

I tried this patch using clover configurator on my Z170-A...
I ticked "Drop-oem" on the ACPI/SSDT page, and added the AML file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
When I rebooted I got "Prohibited Sign". What did I do wrong (I'm new to this)?

I tried this patch using clover configurator on my Z170-A...
I ticked "Drop-oem" on the ACPI/SSDT page, and added the AML file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
When I rebooted I got "Prohibited Sign". What did I do wrong (I'm new to this)?

You should NOT have ticked DropOem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back