CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi,

following the "Getting started with ACPI" tutorial, I created/modified SSDTs for my system (SSDT-AWAC, SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA, SSDT-PMC).

Before feeding these to clover, I wanted to check if these work together with or agains kexts / drivers loaded by Clover.

Clover loads drivers: ApfsDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix, AudioDxe, DataHubDxe, FSInject, NvmExpressDxe, SMCHelper, VBoxHfs.
The following kexts are installed in /Library/Extensions (in addition to Apple's own): AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen and (possibly) SMC{BatteryManager|LightSensor|Processor|SuperIO}

Do I have to expect problems? Standby/Resume still isn't working and usually one or the other leads to reboots.

Attachments

• SSDT-AWAC.aml
    73 bytes · Views: 185
  • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    306 bytes · Views: 161
  • SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml
    146 bytes · Views: 169
  • SSDT-PMC.aml
    143 bytes · Views: 141
Hi,

following the "Getting started with ACPI" tutorial, I created/modified SSDTs for my system (SSDT-AWAC, SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA, SSDT-PMC).

Before feeding these to clover, I wanted to check if these work together with or agains kexts / drivers loaded by Clover.

Clover loads drivers: ApfsDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix, AudioDxe, DataHubDxe, FSInject, NvmExpressDxe, SMCHelper, VBoxHfs.
The following kexts are installed in /Library/Extensions (in addition to Apple's own): AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen and (possibly) SMC{BatteryManager|LightSensor|Processor|SuperIO}

Do I have to expect problems? Standby/Resume still isn't working and usually one or the other leads to reboots.
the dortania guide is an OpenCore guide

I know, which is why I asked if the modified SSDT tables (all created manually based on the clover F4 dump DSDT) can work. I fear I haven't understood all the connections and dependencies.

Is there another tutorial which applied to ("legacy") clover?

I know, which is why I asked if the modified SSDT tables (all created manually based on the clover F4 dump DSDT) can work. I fear I haven't understood all the connections and dependencies.

Is there another tutorial which applied to ("legacy") clover?
no need to add your own dsdt or ssdts in OpenCore

no need for legacy with your hardware

Thanks for your reply, which leaves me ... clueless? ;-)

I have a working "legacy clover" installation, and I was trying to fix PM issues (see above). So "no need for legacy" is fine, but legacy is working (mostly).

Would you recommend switching to OC (then without own SSDT?)? Not sure how to interpret your answers...

Thx.

Thanks for your reply, which leaves me ... clueless? ;-)

I have a working "legacy clover" installation, and I was trying to fix PM issues (see above). So "no need for legacy" is fine, but legacy is working (mostly).

Would you recommend switching to OC (then without own SSDT?)? Not sure how to interpret your answers...

Thx.
with your new hardware that is listed in your hardware profile, there is no need to use "legacy" as legacy is for old systems without UEFI

if I were you, I would ditch clover and setup OpenCore instead

use a usb stick with OpenCore for testing purposes so you don't mess up your working system

Oh, that might be a misunderstanding - I don't have "new" (changed) hardware. This has been running unchanged for ~2 years (?). It's booting via UEFI clover ("legacy" meaning pre-OC, 5102 IIRC).

But I'll try OC, thanks for the recommendation.

Oh, that might be a misunderstanding - I don't have "new" (changed) hardware. This has been running unchanged for ~2 years (?). It's booting via UEFI clover ("legacy" meaning pre-OC, 5102 IIRC).

But I'll try OC, thanks for the recommendation.
ok, no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back