HD 620
Mac
  1. Mac Pro

Attachments

• Scree.png
    Scree.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 112
hi,

i follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-mojave-installation-guide.224591/ and i'm already on th last Step of Step 9 but my last dsl file make some trouble.

I got the error on the screenshot. How i can fix that?

Hope for you help. Thank you!

Why are you trying to compile a file you do not need to include in ACPI/patched (eg. do not need to patch it)?
See guide, and read carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Why are you trying to compile a file you do not need to include in ACPI/patched (eg. do not need to patch it)?
See guide, and read carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I have the exact same issue with a sensrhub table. In my experience, leaving broken tables as-is results in broken functionality and as such I don't think his question was particularly obtuse. This isn't even an "if it's not broken don't fix it" because it's obviously broken.

Can you say without a shred of a doubt that these broken tables will be ignored even if they are fixed?

That said, I don't think the issue with these tables is a missing parentheses or something like that; here's what the code in question looks like (there are several occurrences which are roughly the same):

C-like:
 Case (One)
                            {
                                Store (DerefOf (Index (Arg3, Zero)), PGCE)
                                Store (DerefOf (Index (Arg3, One)), PGCD)
                                Store (\_SB.GGOV (0x02010016), OLDV)
                                \_SB.SGOV (0x02010016, PGCE)
                                If (LGreater (PGCD, Zero))
                                {
                                    Sleep (PGCD)
                                    \_SB.GGOV (0x02010016)
                                    OLDV
                                }

If (LEqual (\_SB.GGOV (0x02010016), One))
                                {
                                    Sleep (0x96)
                                    If (LEqual (\_SB.GGOV (0x02010014), One)){}
                                    Else
                                    {
                                        Notify (\_SB.PCI0.I2C0.DFUD, One)
                                    }
                                }

Return (Zero)
                            }

According to the disassembler, _SB.GGOV is a method that takes one argument. Do you think that line is just a broken "Store" (like the one above) or something else?

I have the exact same issue with a sensrhub table. In my experience, leaving broken tables as-is results in broken functionality and as such I don't think his question was particularly obtuse. This isn't even an "if it's not broken don't fix it" because it's obviously broken.

Can you say without a shred of a doubt that these broken tables will be ignored even if they are fixed?

That said, I don't think the issue with these tables is a missing parentheses or something like that; here's what the code in question looks like (there are several occurrences which are roughly the same):

C-like:
 Case (One)
                            {
                                Store (DerefOf (Index (Arg3, Zero)), PGCE)
                                Store (DerefOf (Index (Arg3, One)), PGCD)
                                Store (\_SB.GGOV (0x02010016), OLDV)
                                \_SB.SGOV (0x02010016, PGCE)
                                If (LGreater (PGCD, Zero))
                                {
                                    Sleep (PGCD)
                                    \_SB.GGOV (0x02010016)
                                    OLDV
                                }

If (LEqual (\_SB.GGOV (0x02010016), One))
                                {
                                    Sleep (0x96)
                                    If (LEqual (\_SB.GGOV (0x02010014), One)){}
                                    Else
                                    {
                                        Notify (\_SB.PCI0.I2C0.DFUD, One)
                                    }
                                }

Return (Zero)
                            }

According to the disassembler, _SB.GGOV is a method that takes one argument. Do you think that line is just a broken "Store" (like the one above) or something else?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

FYI: By definition all .aml files are without errors. Any errors you have after disassembly are due to flaws in the disassembly process/software.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

FYI: By definition all .aml files are without errors. Any errors you have after disassembly are due to flaws in the disassembly process/software.

I am not really looking for help on that particular issue anymore (I found a topic on some non-osx86 forum about a guy with the same issue who said it appeared like the "floating argument" was due to the actual function invoked being SGOV instead of GGOV; the former takes two arguments, the latter only one)

re: The second point. That's interesting and good to know. I can't explain my experiences in that case but I swear I've occasionally seen builds that wouldn't work properly unless I injected a corrected version of an SSDT that wouldn't disassemble properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back