Contribute
Register

SSDT 4.5 ghz OC edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
StingRay said:
Blah101 said:
Thanks for this SSDT! It worked flawlessly. Feels good to be able to clock back to 4.5 Ghz. Thanks for saving me the time!

Quick question : are you using macpro3,1 ? and if so can you tell me if you AppleGraphicsPowerManagement is loaded? and if it is loaded, could you enable logging (log-control) and see if it's actually doing something ?

Just I'm experimenting at the moment :)

I am using Mac Pro 3,1. That kext is not loaded according to Kext Wizard. Last I checked, that kext won't load on a Mac Pro 3,1. I remember reading that when the fermi issue first started. I had to change my identifier if I wanted to use that kext.

psydafke said:
StingRay said:
Blah101 said:
Thanks for this SSDT! It worked flawlessly. Feels good to be able to clock back to 4.5 Ghz. Thanks for saving me the time!

Quick question : are you using macpro3,1 ? and if so can you tell me if you AppleGraphicsPowerManagement is loaded? and if it is loaded, could you enable logging (log-control) and see if it's actually doing something ?

Just I'm experimenting at the moment :)
By default AGPM isn't loaded with MacPro3,1 since there is no profile for MacPro3,1 in there.
Only of you i.e. copy the 4,1 to a 3,1 in the AGPMplist with thresholds, it will be loaded and funtioning.

I do know this, however it isn't that simple with 7.4 I think, much has changed in platform smc pack :(

I know that a lot has changed under the hood of 10.7.4
When updating my test drive, I noticed that I lost OpenCL on my HD6870, which is also strange...

This SSDT you've posted works perfectly with Mavericks on GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F12 with i7-2600k overclock to 4.5 ghz.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back