Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last night I using my mackintosh without any issues, when suddenly the system froze. I let it sit for a few minutes before doing a hard reset. After booting up, I couldn't get past the boot loader or sometimes the bios wouldn't recognize the disk drive at all. Fast forward to today, and I have installed ML on a new SSD and am trying to get the data from the failed SSD off. I have it hooked to one of those external USB disk drive readers. When I plug that into my computer, it recognizes the drive is there and shows data not it, but I can't access the data or if I try to verify the disk in Disk Utility, the drive "times out" and falls off line after a few minutes. Where do I start with that?

Last night I using my mackintosh without any issues, when suddenly the system froze. I let it sit for a few minutes before doing a hard reset. After booting up, I couldn't get past the boot loader or sometimes the bios wouldn't recognize the disk drive at all. Fast forward to today, and I have installed ML on a new SSD and am trying to get the data from the failed SSD off. I have it hooked to one of those external USB disk drive readers. When I plug that into my computer, it recognizes the drive is there and shows data not it, but I can't access the data or if I try to verify the disk in Disk Utility, the drive "times out" and falls off line after a few minutes. Where do I start with that?

I hate to say it, but you're probably out of luck unless you have a Time Machine backup or something. My experience has been that when SSDs fail, they fail hard.

Sorry to say pal, your SSD is in heaven now. Happened to me a month ago :) Thankfuly I don't keep important data on my main drive so I just installed OS again and got apps back,. My ssd was OCZ, they tend to do this in quite a short life span, maybe yours was OCZ too. I bought a new one from Transcend with a 3 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back