Contribute
Register

SSD slow APFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-8550u
Graphics
UHD620
Hello , There was no such problem when using the mojave operating system(HFS+). But with the installation of the catalina operating system(APFS), this problem occurred. Especially the boot time is too long and the desktop and dock freezes for 10 seconds when the computer is turned on, the computer doesnot react for a few minutes. The dock hangs when turning off the computer, the desktop freezes. I tried sudo trim force enable/disable , clover TRIM patch enable/disable.

Ekran Resmi 2020-04-20 12.31.45.png

Ekran Resmi 2020-04-20 12.39.53.png

Catalina 10.15.4
Lenovo Thinkpad T-480
İntel i7-8550U CPU
İntel UHD620 GPU
16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 Samsung RAM
256GB Lenovo SSD
DW1820a CN-0VW3T3 Wireless
1920X1080 FHD Screen
1xThunderbolt 3 Port
2xUSB 3.1 USB Port

It is APFS which Trims the whole disk on mount and unmount. Trimforce is only for SATA disk AFAIK. Nvme has always trim.

That said, I only experience delays on boot (the boot just takes long while it's trimming) and shutdown also.

You experience hangs during normal operation?

It is APFS which Trims the whole disk on mount and unmount. Trimforce is only for SATA disk AFAIK. Nvme has always trim.

That said, I only experience delays on boot (the boot just takes long while it's trimming) and shutdown also.

You experience hangs during normal operation?

no. I only encounter this problem during boot, on the desktop when the computer is first turned on and during shutdown. Reading and writing values are normal when the computer is idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back