GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys,

I recently just booted into OS X and realized that i am getting stuttering when opening stuff... So i had a look at speeds and they are appalling! 9mb write! I have a Sandisk SSD. In System Information it does not say anything about TRIM. How can i enable it? I want to have a working Hackintosh! I am running Yosemite 10.1.
Or is there anyway i can TRIM the SSD in windows? or in bios or something!!!! Please help!!! I am soo upset! I dont want to lose my stuff!!!
I am using Chimera/Chameleon. I just used MultiBeast and set the trim patch, and now im afraid it wont boot! i havent tried because im too scared! HELP! Please?!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks
Gershy

The trim patch in Multibeast works just fine. Even if it didn't apply correctly it would not stop the booting process.

Ok thanks, ill go and boot tomorrow (its a bit late in the UK and i cant be bothered....)
and see if it works!

But I remember applying that before when i installed...
Does it go after update to 10.1?
I might have not done it after that....

Will it get my speeds back if enabled?

Thanks,
Gershy

You should have consistent speeds, yes. Trim usually needs to be applied after most updates in OSX.

So i booted in, and did a speed test, it is better than what is was before, but its still not up there.. and in System Information it doesn't say anything about TRIM. my speeds still aren't ssd like, they are more like slow hard drive speeds....

Go to About This Mac -> System Report -> SATA/SATA Express.

Select the SSD drive in the main part of the top window and then post a screenshot of the lower section which details the drive specs.

Also, a screenshot from Blackmagic Disk Speed Test pls.

Go to About This Mac -> System Report -> SATA/SATA Express.

Select the SSD drive in the main part of the top window and then post a screenshot of the lower section which details the drive specs.

Also, a screenshot from Blackmagic Disk Speed Test pls.

ok will do mate!

only problem is that Blackmagic doesnt finish.. it carries on going! shall i just stop it after some time and screenshot it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back