Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there

I have three SSD's - all 250 GB.

I already have a fully functioning Yosemite install on one SSD. This was done using Clover.

I am trying to now achieve the following two things...

1. I am trying to RAID 0 two SSD's into one faster SSD of 500 GB, on which I'd like to copy the current OSX installation. I am assuming the RAID 0 will be performed on the two unused SSDs, and then use CCC or some such to transport data from the current SSD to the new one. Or can I just raid 0 te current SSD with another one?

2. Next I'd like the third (non raid) SSD to have windows 7 installed on it. For this I understand I'll have to delete one (non-RAID) SSD.

Could you please give me any instructions about how this can be achieved?

Thanks
Blue

Hi there

I have three SSD's - all 250 GB.

I already have a fully functioning Yosemite install on one SSD. This was done using Clover.

I am trying to now achieve the following two things...

1. I am trying to RAID 0 two SSD's into one faster SSD of 500 GB, on which I'd like to copy the current OSX installation. I am assuming the RAID 0 will be performed on the two unused SSDs, and then use CCC or some such to transport data from the current SSD to the new one. Or can I just raid 0 te current SSD with another one?

2. Next I'd like the third (non raid) SSD to have windows 7 installed on it. For this I understand I'll have to delete one (non-RAID) SSD.

Could you please give me any instructions about how this can be achieved?

Thanks
Blue
RAID0 is a poor choice for a boot drive, but if you must do it, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-0-os-x-10-8-5-using-tonymacx86-tool-set.html
El Capitan works same as ML.
Once you have your RAID setup, you can then reformat the original SSD and install Win7 in UEFI mode.

I am trying to install Windows using UEFI. So I insert my bootable USB thumb drive into the computer, and when Clover loads, I don't see it listed at all.

What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to install Windows using UEFI. So I insert my bootable USB thumb drive into the computer, and when Clover loads, I don't see it listed at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Try a different USB port. If it still does not show up, check BIOS settings - legacy BIOS boot must be enabled to boot the USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back