i7-980
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system is a Gigabyte x58AUD3R mobo, i7 980 processor and I recently upgraded my SSD to a SanDisk Extreme Pro 960 GB. I am plugged into a SATA 3 port with a high quality cable.I installed a fresh copy of Mavericks and used the DSDT. I enabled TRIM as well.I am barely writing over 230 Mbps and Reading 380 Mbps.Is there a different driver or Kext I am supposed to use besides the one included in my DSDT?I tried troubleshooting with SanDisk and it looks like they are going to do an exchange...Please advise anything !! I'd rather not exchange it for a new one and have the same issue....

Have you tried changing the SATA port or using a shorter/different cable?

Does it give the full advertised speed when booting in anything other than OSX? I didn't need to do anything special for my 850EVO on 10.10/10.11 to get full speeds.
Hytecko.png

Have you tried changing the SATA port or using a shorter/different cable?

I will try a different port although I only have 4 sata 3 ports I believe. I am using a really nice cable and It'd be hard to reach if it was shorter, Ill try a different one though and see.

Does it give the full advertised speed when booting in anything other than OSX? I didn't need to do anything special for my 850EVO on 10.10/10.11 to get full speeds.
Hytecko.png

I might have to get the same drive as you! I haven't installed any other os, I guess I could try a copy of Windows 7.... Or maybe Ubuntu

Did you connect it to the correct port on you mobo?

Looks like you connected the drive to a SATA 3Gb/s port, so your drive speeds are +/- cut in half.

Your motherboard contains the following ports:
  • 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5)
  • 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7)
  • 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (GSATA2_8, GSATA2_9)

Make sure it's connected to either GSATA3_6 or GSATA3_7

Did you connect it to the correct port on you mobo?

Looks like you connected the drive to a SATA 3Gb/s port, so your drive speeds are +/- cut in half.

Your motherboard contains the following ports:
  • 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5)
  • 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7)
  • 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (GSATA2_8, GSATA2_9)

Make sure it's connected to either GSATA3_6 or GSATA3_7

I just got a brand new one from sandisk. Connected with a Silverstone cable to port 7. Still same results. I'm returning it to Amazon and I am ordering a Samsung.

Thinking of going with the Samsung evo850 1 terabyte. Any other suggestions? I was also think owc but it looks slower.

Thinking of going with the Samsung evo850 1 terabyte. Any other suggestions? I was also think owc but it looks slower.

My experiences with sandisk are, that they have only cra'p, have here 2 drives from sandisk, on both the sleep/poweroff function doesn't work in SATA 3 mode... only in sata1 mode (on OS X)...

OWC is far to expensive, for what they produces...

Samsung as far i know have almost the best drives available... but 1 TB ? really? are they not a bit expensive?

Maybe a better idea to wait a Month for something PCIe nvme based? If you have support for nvme... if not, it can be placed into bios as modules...

Cheers :)

My experiences with sandisk are, that they have only cra'p, have here 2 drives from sandisk, on both the sleep/poweroff function doesn't work in SATA 3 mode... only in sata1 mode (on OS X)...

OWC is far to expensive, for what they produces...

Samsung as far i know have almost the best drives available... but 1 TB ? really? are they not a bit expensive?

Maybe a better idea to wait a Month for something PCIe nvme based? If you have support for nvme... if not, it can be placed into bios as modules...

Cheers :)

I do video editing and a ton of music production so I need speed and a lot of space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back