Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Help. I'm trying to install Mac OS X mavericks onto my Samsung 840 EVO SSD. It shows up in my BIOS for my Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard, but when I open up my Unibeast flashdrive to install OSX, my SSD does not show up in Disk Utility. Please help.

Help. I'm trying to install Mac OS X mavericks onto my Samsung 840 EVO SSD. It shows up in my BIOS for my Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard, but when I open up my Unibeast flashdrive to install OSX, my SSD does not show up in Disk Utility. Please help.

Is it showing up as P0? Has it been formatted on another computer or using another operating system before being connected up?

Adrian B

It has not been formatted on another OS. Is that something I need to do first?

It has not been formatted on another OS. Is that something I need to do first?

You should not need to do that at all - it should be picked up by Disk Utility without any problems as long as it it showing up as a 'P' device in UEFI/Bios. No harm in trying to format it in a windows machine and trying it again with the Gigabyte motherboard.

Adrian B

It does show up as "PM Samsung 840 EVO" but it is nowhere to be found in disk utility. Any suggestions?

Oh I found the issue. I had it set to IDE in my BIOS instead of AHCI. Once i did that it showed up as P0 like you said.

Want to just say thanks for people responding to questions. Found an answer to my ssd issue w/o having to ask. Great forum!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back