GeForce GTX760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, this is my very first hackintosh build and I've enjoyed some success thanks in large part to this wonderful site. I've been able to install Yosemite and get it up and working on my 250 gig ssd.

However, when I install my wifi card and reboot, my system no longer recognizes my ssd and my only option is to boot from my usb drive :banghead:. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

MB: Asus Sabertooth x79
Chip: Intel i7 4820k
Ram: 16gig - 4 sticks
SDD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250 gig
Wifi card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps

Hello all, this is my very first hackintosh build and I've enjoyed some success thanks in large part to this wonderful site. I've been able to install Yosemite and get it up and working on my 250 gig ssd.

However, when I install my wifi card and reboot, my system no longer recognizes my ssd and my only option is to boot from my usb drive :banghead:. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

MB: Asus Sabertooth x79
Chip: Intel i7 4820k
Ram: 16gig - 4 sticks
SDD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250 gig
Wifi card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps

Reseat SSD cables (both ends) and test.
If still not working try a different SATA port and test.
If still not working remove the Wireless adaptor and test.

Good Luck

Can you Boot OSX via USB?
I think you need to reinstall your Bootloader.

Yes, I've done all of this. When I remove wifi card and reboot, everything works again.

Yes, I've done all of this. When I remove wifi card and reboot, everything works again.

Then it's either incompatible or defective - Have you tried it in a different slot ?

No, it's currently installed here:
ASUS Sabertooth x79 MotherBoard.jpg

Then it's either incompatible or defective - Have you tried it in a different slot ?

Putting it in the other slot worked! Why would this be, do i have a defective slot?

thanks for the advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back