Contribute
Register

ssd for osx, hd for data and linux. I need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asrock h97 anniversary
CPU
i5 4460
Graphics
gtx 960
Hi, first my specs are :
cpu: intel i5 4460
motherboard: asrock h97 anniversary
gpu: gigabyte gtx960
ssd:kingston 250 gb ssd - currently windows ,want to replace it with osx
hd: wd 1tb blue - (grub) linux partition and partition for additional data for the ssd
ram:16gb

I have installed it on ssd but clover was not showing up without the usb drive, with osx installation. I reinstalled it 2 times, no luck. I copied from usb efi to mounted efi the folders, no luck. I had to reinstall windows because i need to work on it.
Another strange thing happened, i used to boot up linux the like this: when i fire up the pc i press f11 and select the 1tb hd and grub shows up select linux... Now i cant do that the way i was doing, now i need to go to bios and disable the ssd and leave the HD only..
If the ssd is selected in bios, there is a option for macOSX, although i formated the SSD and installed Win10 back.
I would like to use osx do to my work (programming). Sorry for my english.
Any help would be nice, cheers

Last edited:
thanks for replying but yeah i have read that.. have you read my question ?
Yes, I did.
To successfully dual/triple boot ALL OS's must be installed same mode. If one is installed UEFI, then all must be installed UEFI.
If your Linux drive does not have a UEFI partition with Grub boot files in it, then Grub was installed Legacy mode and you will have to continue to use F11 to select it as a boot device.
For the SSD, suggest you boot Windows installer, shift+F10 to open command prompt window, use diskpart to clean drive and convert GPT, then exit command, close window, exit installer/shutdown, insert OS X installer and format/partition the SSD with OS X Disk Utility. Then try installing OS X again.

Remember your GPU is not supported and needs a boot-arg to disable it.

Yes, I did.
To successfully dual/triple boot ALL OS's must be installed same mode. If one is installed UEFI, then all must be installed UEFI.
If your Linux drive does not have a UEFI partition with Grub boot files in it, then Grub was installed Legacy mode and you will have to continue to use F11 to select it as a boot device.
For the SSD, suggest you boot Windows installer, shift+F10 to open command prompt window, use diskpart to clean drive and convert GPT, then exit command, close window, exit installer/shutdown, insert OS X installer and format/partition the SSD with OS X Disk Utility. Then try installing OS X again.

Remember your GPU is not supported and needs a boot-arg to disable it.

Thank you, ill try that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back