Contribute
Register

SSD and HDD failure almost simultaneously. Blame Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970
Hi everyone!

I've had my Customac with Sierra installed for over a year and half now with no issues and never had any goddamn bad word to say about it. Working like a Swiss watch.

For some apps I had to install Windows 10 so I've bought the new SSD and made a clean install on it so these two systems were not intersecting somehow. So actually I had 4 disks in my system: OS X SSD, Windows 10 SSD, Time Machine HDD and another HDD for files, documents and stuff.

I have installed Paragon HFS to have an access to my HDD and after that in a few days the OSX crashed. Initially it has started with some issues like NVidia drivers not starting and Google Chrome not responding as well, and the next system start it stuck on checking the catalog file. Disk Utility that was started from my rescue flash drive stated that the disk is not repairable but I still can be read.

I had to reinstall my system for new, now it works but also tells me that my Time Machine volume could not be repaired (and is readable as well).

So I wonder what is the reason of that. I've checked the windows ssd with two antiviruses in case I've picked something that corrupts files etc., but it seems to be clean. Can just Windows corrups HFS disks just for some damn fun or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back