Contribute
Register

SR Tools : NEW! Kext installer/Manager undo/rollback

What version of OSX do you use ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW! Kext installer/Manager undo/rollback (save my ass mode)

Nice move. What about uploading source code to GitHub or BitBucket and get Xcoders contributing (including me).

manoplas said:
Nice move. What about uploading source code to GitHub or BitBucket and get Xcoders contributing (including me).

Fair idea but the problem is I'm intending this to be a suite of tools that work together, and dont really want the hassle of lots of documentation and management of external elements.

If you want to write osx tools for hacks just start. Not that hard at all!

Congrats again! See you in the Chat room. SL should have the tool as well IMHO. :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

Awesome tool and videos StingRay. :clap:

I have a quick question. I had some issues with Video card so I moved these kexts.

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NVClockX.kext /kextBackup/System/Library/Extensions/
mv /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonMonitor.kext /kextBackup/System/Library/Extensions/
After this I still had some issues so I have to move them back to SLE.

when I rebooted it complained saying that RadionMoniter is not installed properly.
My assumption was when it installed it was referencing these some other place also. Simple mv/rm would not work.

With your tool if I remove or disable kexts, you think we would still have installation related issues?

For whatever reason, even when my system is running fine, I can't get into single user mode (Never been able to), so any chance of adding a function to chimera to work with this so you can roll back even if you can't get into OS X in any capacity?

hydreds said:
Awesome tool and videos StingRay. :clap:

I have a quick question. I had some issues with Video card so I moved these kexts.

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NVClockX.kext /kextBackup/System/Library/Extensions/
mv /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonMonitor.kext /kextBackup/System/Library/Extensions/
After this I still had some issues so I have to move them back to SLE.

when I rebooted it complained saying that RadionMoniter is not installed properly.
My assumption was when it installed it was referencing these some other place also. Simple mv/rm would not work.

With your tool if I remove or disable kexts, you think we would still have installation related issues?

doubt you would, but try it

bruce927 said:
For whatever reason, even when my system is running fine, I can't get into single user mode (Never been able to), so any chance of adding a function to chimera to work with this so you can roll back even if you can't get into OS X in any capacity?

erm, send me a pm of what you do and what happens when you attempt it. This thread is ment for SR Tools problems or suggestions ;)

Hooray! Sting is going to have mercy on us old sods who like Snow Leopard! Lion people shouldn't have all the fun! :cool: Thanks, Sting, for all your hard work.

I wish I'd had this when I was fighting with video card issues.

Rx4Mac said:
Thanks StingRay!

Count me in as a member of the 'hoping for a Snow Leopard version' club.

Rx4Mac

Are there really that many that use snow leo still ?

Started a poll for interested parties :) Cause I'm interested as I would think that not many will be left on snow leo in the next month or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back