ATI Radeon HD 6450 1024 MB Sapphire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there!

my hacked Dell is frickin` fast and awesome on snowleo 10.6.7 with almost no problem except for "wake from sleep" which doesn`t work for now and no microphone either. :crazy:

-what would i benefit from Intel SpeedStep technology if i enable Speedstep and C state in Bios?, `cause they`re disabled by default.

And if i do:

-what kext should i add, remove, or edit?
-how can i check or tell if it`s properly working?

my rig came with bios version A01 and Cpu Dual core E5300, i then replaced my cpu with core 2 duo E8500 and i`m still on bios A01.

thx 4 ur help! :thumbup:

lukin said:
Hi there!

my hacked Dell is frickin` fast and awesome on snowleo 10.6.7 with almost no problem except for "wake from sleep" which doesn`t work for now and no microphone either. :crazy:

-what would i benefit from Intel SpeedStep technology if i enable Speedstep and C state in Bios?, `cause they`re disabled by default.

And if i do:

-what kext should i add, remove, or edit?
-how can i check or tell if it`s properly working?

my rig came with bios version A01 and Cpu Dual core E5300, i then replaced my cpu with core 2 duo E8500 and i`m still on bios A01.

thx 4 ur help! :thumbup:
A patched DSDT would probably work to get SpeedStep without a KP.
Go ahead and enable it and see if it will boot without a KP. You might get lucky andyou can always boot back to BIOS and disable them if you need to.

So basically,

-there`s no way I can tell if a KP is waiting to strike if i enable it :eek: ???!!!

-I can always go back and disable it if I choose to without messing my current snowleo configuration, that would be awesome but I`d like some input on that to be on the safe side just in case AND if something goes wrong, I know what to do!!

lukin said:
So basically,

-there`s no way I can tell if a KP is waiting to strike if i enable it :eek: ???!!!

-I can always go back and disable it if I choose to without messing my current snowleo configuration, that would be awesome but I`d like some input on that to be on the safe side just in case AND if something goes wrong, I know what to do!!
Boot to BIOS, enable it, save and exit BIOS and continue boot to OS.
If you get a KP, shut down, boot to BIOS, disable it, save and exit BIOS and continue boot to OS.

Simple and easy.

Thx mate!,

Fair enough!, i get it but shouldn`t i keep it Disabled since i`m on a Desktop?!!!
you see where i`m going.

-what about "Intel® Virtualization"?

I just enabled it in the Bios...i mean both settings SpeedStep and C state...my system booted just fine!!! no problems at all...i`m surprised :thumbup:

so how do i check to see if it`s actually there? what tools do i need for that?

Please anyone, how do i check?

If you can't monitor vcore then monitor the temperature. Then put some load on the system and it should rise and once the load is gone it should drop. I mean after that is what speedstep does ;-)

Thx for listening dejongj!!

I know but temp readings don`t show up...I need a sys utility to give details and have control on that.

I thought it was easy like on Windows with so many app to choose from, but I guess I`m wrong, and apparently it`s gonna take a lot more time to figure that out...it`s ok because I love to delve into hacking and configuring and such, the reason why I ditched windows in the first place...but still i need your valuable assistance guys!!!, so please...

-can anybody shed some light on how THAT is supposed to work?

There is iStat but I don't like it and it costs money, yet others swear by it. Or alternatively my favourity atmonitor and the apt named 'Temperature Monitor'. Whilst in the latter one the UI is a bit much it actually works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back