Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, sorry if this is already a topic in the forum somewhere, but i have been yet to find a good answer/solution. I would like to use my hackintosh for a HTPC. Right now, I have to dual boot and go into Windows for this to happen. Here is my build:
Mobo: ASRock X58 Extreme
RAM: 20gb
CPU: Intel i7 930 (3.06Ghz)
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT

Problem: I have DVI to HDMI running to my home theater receiver, which works perfect. My issue now is using the built in S/PDIF Coaxial out. I run the cable from the mobo to my receiver and get nothing. When I boot into Windows, it works without an issue.

If i go back into OS X (Lion by the way, also couldn't get this working in Snow Leopard), and go to System Preferences<Sound and change the output device to the SPDIF out-yellow, it says "The selected device has no output controls", and no audio is heard. I also tried using the MIDI setup and cannot configure the SPDIF at all, everything is grayed out. I tried installing Voodoo HDA and if i select the output everything is also grayed out. It's as if OS X doesn't like the coaxial output at all. I would love to not have to go to Windows to watch a movie on my home theater.

Thanks guys!

P.S. here is a link to my mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157163

Hey...

Just wondering if you have found a solution to your audio troubles...?

I'm having the exact same issues with mine and would love to find out how to fix

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back