Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
Intel i9-9900K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello! Is there a way to enable SPDIF passthrough for DD and AC3 on Mavericks with codec ALC892? I did that on Mountain Lion (10.8.5) with terminal commands (editing the custom AppleHDA.kext from multibeast), sacrificing analogue audio, but I can't find it anywhere again.. I wonder if there is a more convenient way to have spdif passthrough and analogue audio together on Mavericks... If anyone succeed it, please post it here.

Hello! Is there a way to enable SPDIF passthrough for DD and AC3 on Mavericks with codec ALC892?
The patch no longer works on any codec other than the 885 in Mavericks. However, SPDIF/encoded digital audio (DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1) works natively in Mavericks with Plex and XBMC.

i just tried with XBMC, but since i changed to optical out and dts/ac3 playback the player stutters and there is no audio.
with mplayerx i get only noise.
i don't want to use plex, because i had to run 2 media servers on my synlogy and the plex media server is etremely slow.

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I'm experiencing the same issue with XBMC and optical out.

The patch no longer works on any codec other than the 885 in Mavericks. However, SPDIF/encoded digital audio (DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1) works natively in Mavericks with Plex and XBMC.

No it's not at all... XBMC team also verify it to me.. Optical out isn't send any DD/DTS passthrough signal. Instead of that, the XBMC crash.. I'm not using Plex, since I have a whole SQL database working with XBMC on a server. For now I'm using the alpha version of AppleHDA.kext with the mod for the DD/DTS passthrough.. But I'm not having any audio in analog connections.

Hi there @Savaspar...im having exactly the same problems as you....would you be so kind to share the patched kext you are using?
it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Hello, and sorry for my late response. I think, if I send you the patched kext, it won't work for you. You have to patch it for yourself. Follow the instructions on the PDF, ignoring the notification of "not available for 892" because this is the alpha version and it's available.. ;) Copy the two kexts to the desktop, patch, and then use a kext installer to install them. Fix permissions, restart, and viola.. Optical SPDIF passthrough audio will work notwithstanding analog won't..

Attachments

• ML_Patched_AppleHDA_v2.3.0-Alpha.zip
    2 MB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back