Contribute
Register

Spares Box HTPC POC Build - GA-B85M-DS3H-A - i3-4330 - GeForce GT640 - 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say a big THANKYOU! for this guide.

You're very welcome - Thanks for the feedback - Glad to see it helped you.

Funnily enough I have no need for Continuity or Handoff so have never tried them, I guess that the correct configuration works across the board for most services.

Best iMessage guide so far, this post should be linked officially for iMessage fix. Thanks a lot man!

Best iMessage guide so far, this post should be linked officially for iMessage fix. Thanks a lot man!

Thanks for the compliment - Glad to see that it helped you too.

Last edited:
P1LGRIM thank you for sharing this build. Your documentation is excellent and I really can identify with having the spare parts to nearly build another system.

Good modding,

neil

P1LGRIM thank you for sharing this build. Your documentation is excellent and I really can identify with having the spare parts to nearly build another system.

Good modding,

neil

Thanks neil, it's so hard to throw anything away, we just know it will come in useful one day.

Hello,

I've been trying to get iMessage working through following your guide (Very helpful and detailed steps by the way, thank you!!)

I've completed all the steps in the guide, however when I just ran the iMessage debug script the values generated in terminal don't all match up. Here is a screenshot of the two files:

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 13.11.10.png

The values all match up fine until the last line of the output (abKPld1EcMni), where there was a difference between the two.

Should I go through the whole process again from the beginning and hope they match up again afterwards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Alex

Hello,

I've been trying to get iMessage working through following your guide (Very helpful and detailed steps by the way, thank you!!)

I've completed all the steps in the guide, however when I just ran the iMessage debug script the values generated in terminal don't all match up. Here is a screenshot of the two files:

View attachment 201915

The values all match up fine until the last line of the output (abKPld1EcMni), where there was a difference between the two.

Should I go through the whole process again from the beginning and hope they match up again afterwards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Alex

EDIT : Your question is off-topic in the context of this build document, however I do not think that it matters if that last line changes - I just checked mine, it changes and iMessage works fine.
It looks like as long as all of the other data remains constant it is OK. I will amend the post.

Last edited:
EDIT : Your question is off-topic in the context of this build document, however I do not think that it matters if that last line changes - I just checked mine, it changes and iMessage works fine.
It looks like as long as all of the other data remains constant it is OK. I will amend the post.

Apologies for posting an off-topic question, but thanks for your reply! (and for the original guide)

From the UTILITIES folder I copied FakeSMC.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

I believe this is wrong: if you have installed 10.11 the FAKESMC.kext should be in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder. Or if the FAKESMC. kext is there too, then you are unnecessarily injecting twice, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back