Contribute
Register

Soundflower/Remotix Asus Z390 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are building a high end hackintosh that's going to be controlled remotely much of the time. It's an Asus ROG Strix Z390-I, 9900K, and we have everything including audio (S1220A) working great, though I do need to select Internal Speakers to get audio out (green output). When controlling this machine remotely we use Remotix which uses Soundflower to route audio along with the screen share. However, it simply doesn't seem to work on this machine, even though the audio is playing locally just fine. The AppleALC source is above my head as is the source code for Soundflower.

My suspicion is that Soundflower is looking for audio on Line Out and isn't coded to re-route audio from "Internal Speaker". I hoped that maybe one of the audio layouts would help, perhaps by changing the output from Internal Audio to Line Out, but none of the S1220A layouts changed the output assignment. I also tried merging audio outputs with Audio Midi Setup, but that didn't help either. I'm not sure if it's the output assignment that's the problem or some deeper incompatibility between this configuration and Soundflower.

I'm kind of at a loss of where to go from here, our project is dead in the water without remote audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. When you say not exactly supported, I believe you are trying to say that because AppleALC.kext overrides AppleHDA Soundflower isn't talking to a functional kext. Am I understanding that right? But then you said not the problem, so I'm still a bit confused.

Thank you for clarifying that the output assignment isn't the issue, I'll stop going down that rabbit hole. FYI "Trash can" Mac Pro, which is my main machine, does in fact have line out, but now that I think of it, you are correct it's the last Mac that does. Sad and weird.

I believe you are trying to say that because AppleALC.kext overrides AppleHDA Soundflower isn't talking to a functional kext
Not correct.
See Post #2:
AppleALC.kext repurposes AppleHDA.kext to work with the installed Realtek codec, not the problem
AppleHDA and Soundflower are independent; no effect on the other

Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back