Contribute
Register

Soundcard not recognized. Need to disable ASPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I have a new soundcard installed into my Hackintosh (its RME HDSPe AES PCIe soundcard) so it's a PCIe one.

I contaced RME since it worked fine the first 2-3 days, then suddenly the audio just dropped out and when restarting the computer the computer doesn't recognize the soundcard at all. sO here I am without audio now. (I'm into music production btw).

RME tells me I need to disable ASPM (PCIe power saving in BIOS). Where do I do this in UEFI BIOS? I can't find it anywhere!

Also: do you know whatelse it could be that makes this occur? I've spent sooooo much money on this soundcard and all of the gear I connect it to, just to make it work. But now this happens, really going nuts here.

Please, any answers is highly appreciated. I want to make this work.

Best,

J

A quick look through Search (a very useful feature BTW) suggests that your card will only work in 32 bit mode.

To confirm this try booting with boot flag arch=i386

Good Luck

A quick look through Search (a very useful feature BTW) suggests that your card will only work in 32 bit mode.

To confirm this try booting with boot flag arch=i386

Good Luck

Wow , weird, it works (for now), lets see what happens if it jsut stops working soon again like it did a while ago.

Anyway, how do I add this so it automatically writes the boot flag arch=i1386 everytime I boot?

Also:

How do I know if it got the boot flag arch=i386? when I type it in the bootloader it just goes back without starting the computer. It doesn't give me any indication on that the bootflag is registered, if u understand what I mean?

This is my boot.plist now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

It was quite a while since I did this, so I can't really remember, do I need to add:

<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>what should I put here?</key>

or how should it look like?

THANKS A BUNCH FOR THIS! You're the best.

Best,

J

Anyway, how do I add this so it automatically writes the boot flag arch=i1386 everytime I boot?

Download Chameleon Wizard and it will do it for you - The 32-bit (i386) option is in the first column at the bottom (just above Device Properties) on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist tab.

Good Luck

There is only:

kext-dev-mode=1

Is that the one you mean? because I can't see anything about the 32bit.

Also, do I need to do some kind of installation on this?

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/28811761/file.html

Here's a picture of it.

Thanks alot!!

Your Chameleon Wizard is different from mine - Maybe because you're already in 32 bit mode ?

Anyway - Edit it manually and add this :

<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>

Right under where you have :

<string>No</string>

So it should look like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<string>No</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Good Luck

Thanks!

Although the audio disspeared now again so it doesnt seem to be this.

Something else is wrong here. Can you please help me?

Thanks.

Although the audio disspeared now again so it doesnt seem to be this.

Something else is wrong here. Can you please help me?

Sorry no - All I did was look in search for RME HDSPe and saw that some people said that the card only works in 32 bit mode.

All i can suggest now is that you try search in more depth.

Additionally, as it's an audio issue, you could try a post in the Audio forum.

Good Luck

After changing that in the boot.plist it made something weird.. because..

Now I cant even start the computer!! I'm at the bootloader screen now, but when I press "hd (0,2) Mavericks" startup volume and enter. it just redirects me back. I can't get into OSX anymore.

I've tried to boot with -x -f but it doesn't work. Please help!

So now I'm stuck at the bootloader. I can't get anywhere, I've tried most of the commands, cpus=1, -f -F -s -x -v npci=0x2000 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back