Contribute
Register

Sound Works ... but not in iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5
CPU
i7 > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

Thanks to Peppy I have a fully working Hackintosh but something is strange ..
The sounds works : system sounds and World of Warcraft but the volume command has little to no effect to the actual volume

It was very high no is it very low, when i change it using the keyboard or the slider I see the overlay but the volume does not change..

Morover the funniest thing of all

No sounds in iTunes, event with sound at maximum

I run 10.8.2 on a Gygabyte GA-P55-UD5(F10)

many thanks for any clues

Chewbee,

Something is not right.

Are your speakers plugged into the Green 3.5mm audio port on your motherboard?

Do you have (6) 3.5mm ports on your motherboard? Pink/Green/Blue/Gris/Black/Jaune?

Perhaps the layout-id of 001 in the DSDT I sent you is not the right one. It is very simple to change the DSDT and reboot, no MultiBeast required. BTW, the new MultiBeast 5.1.3 is better than 5.1.2, for P55 users.

Let me know.

EDIT: Also, check the "Sounds" Preference Panel to make sure you have everything set correctly. Thx.

Chewbee,
Are your speakers plugged into the Green 3.5mm audio port on your motherboard?
This is correct
Do you have (6) 3.5mm ports on your motherboard? Pink/Green/Blue/Gris/Black/Jaune?
Correct : Pink/Green/ Blue and Gray Black Yellow
Perhaps the layout-id of 001 in the DSDT I sent you is not the right one. It is very simple to change the DSDT and reboot, no MultiBeast required. BTW, the new MultiBeast 5.1.3 is better than 5.1.2, for P55 users.
I hope I cannot break anything doing so, because now I have set things up ;)
Now that I have installed stuff, I am a bit worried about breaking anything ;) Could I restore a TM backup in case ?

I found a DSDT editor here
Is this where I should look and learn ?
EDIT: Also, check the "Sounds" Preference Panel to make sure you have everything set correctly. Thx.
Besides "Haut parleurs intégrés" Aka internal speakers is there anything else to check ?

Like I said I have sound i OSX or WOW but no volume control and nothing in iTunes (maybe it si so feint I cannot hear

BTW Once setup we can do the updates proposed (xCode, ML, iPhoto, etc ... ) of the system without risks ?

Thanks Again for you help Peppy

Hmm.

In the lower right corner of iTunes, there is your Airplay selector. (Square with Triangle). Is this set correctly?

In your Sounds Pref Panel, you should have Internal Speakers, Line Out (x2), and Digital Out, plus any AirPlay devices you may have on your network. If so, then the layout-id in your DSDT is correct, and does not require editing.

Your DSDT editor is a good one. The layout-id edit I made for you is all you (should) ever need. Here's my note from the previous post regarding this...

I took the liberty of looking at your profile and downloaded the DSDT from the database for a P55-UD5 (F10). I edited line 6842 from:

0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Software Updates are fine, no problem. For the OSX updates, 10.8.3, for example, it is better to download from Apple the entire file. Also, I always wait at least a week before upgrading and read these forums for other users with P55 motherboards to see if they had any problems. P55 motherboards are going out of fashion here, fast.

Check out Chameleon Wizard if you want something cool to customize your system a little.

Hmm.

In the lower right corner of iTunes, there is your Airplay selector. (Square with Triangle). Is this set correctly?
I do not have the airplay triangle, but my Apple TV is not on the same network. I have Itunes 10.7

In your Sounds Pref Panel, you should have Internal Speakers, Line Out (x2), and Digital Out, plus any AirPlay devices you may have on your network. If so, then the layout-id in your DSDT is correct, and does not require editing.
This is what I have minus the airplay
Your DSDT editor is a good one. The layout-id edit I made for you is all you (should) ever need. Here's my note from the previous post regarding this...
When I fire the DSDT editor and I pick Extract (so it is probably extracting from the file from the Mac I found this, line 6842 in red
Code:
Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
[COLOR=#ff0000]                                 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00[/COLOR]
                            }, 
                            "PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

The DSDT Editor propose a patch larger than this : View attachment ALC889A.txt The whole thing is rather confusing to me ...
I really do not know If I should patch ? and what consequences I would face in case it fails ...

About messaging I do not think I blocked them, i just verified my settings

The Issue is solved

Forcing the two tabs of sound control panel (effect and output to digital then back to internal cleared the problem ...

Thanks to Peppy again ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back