Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Hello,

About a week ago I have done a clean install of MacOS Mojave onto my Hackintosh (i5-7600K, Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, RX 570, RME Fireface UC USB) and, if everything works pretty much well, I'm having a weird issue regarding the sound and I'm not sure where to look at.

Basically after about an hour of usage (often less, just listening some music on iTunes) the sound stops (iTunes refuse to keep playing the files) and the whole MacOS start lagging. If I try to simply switch from an other audio interface and get back to the RME, the sound comes back but the computer is lagging so much that 1) it's barely usable and 2) iTunes can't playback the track properly.

The only way is to reboot the computer, everything comes back to normal. Has any one of you had the same issue in the past and can let me know where I should look?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 107
Ok I think I have solved the issue, I'm not sure which one of these steps was the right solution, 2) seems unrelated but with Hackintosh who knows...

1) Even tho I don't use it (I have an external RME sound interface), I have activated the onboard sound interface from my Gigabyte MB directly via the BIOS.

2) Because I had an issue previewing JPG with MOJAVE, I installed the NoVPAJpeg Kext to solve the issue.

It's been 48h now with zero lags, zero freeze and zero crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back