Contribute
Register

Sound problems - Clicks and Pops using Focusrite Clarett 8PreX on Intel i9 9900K Hackintosh (Gigabyte z390 Designare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hi everyone,

I've been having a recurring issue when running Avid Sibelius Ultimate on my Intel i9 9900K Hackintosh with OS Mojave installed on it.

The playback is glitchy, with clicks and pops. It gets worse when I open up the mixer panel in Sibelius. When I export audio out of Sibelius, the glitches do not happen in the exported audio file, which speaks for a problem with the sound chip.

The Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Designare and I have disabled the onboard sound chip since I am running Audio out of a Focusrite Clarett 8PreX Thunderbolt Interface. This did not really resolve the problem.

The weird thing is that Audio coming out of Avid Pro Tools works just fine.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I would really appreciate any help, as this is very frustrating and hindering any work I do on Sibelius.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sounds like it's related to the Clocking of the External interface, Pro Tools will take exclusive control of the interface when using it, Sibelius might need to be set with longer Buffer times or other settings to function properly

Hi JA2Z,

Thanks a lot for your quick response to my post.

That's exactly what I thought at first. But changing the HW Buffer to 2056 samples doesn't do a thing. It seems that the onboard soundchip somehow interferes with Sibelius. Oddly enough, these clicks and pops appeared during Skype Video calls also.

I even disabled the Soundchip in the BIOS settings of the Motherboard. This did not resolve the issue either.

The Clarett is currently running at 44.1K. Not sure if running it at 48K or 96K would do any good. I'll try that.

You wouldn't happen to know any way to force all software to take exclusive control of the interface, just as ProTools does?

Hello everyone,

So I've tried every sample rate from 44.1k to 96k. Id doesn't do a thing... :(

Could there be a conflict with my GPU (Radeon VII)? Would I have to optimise settings for that?

I hope someone here will be able to help me... Getting desperate!

Greets,

labojazz

Which USB chipset? Asmedia?

hi, I have the same problem (Clicks and Pops) with the integrated sound card, the problem is on both Windows and OSX, can anyone tell me if he has the same problem? and how can I solve it? I have already replaced the motherboard once because a sata port had stopped working,however, that motherboard also had the same problem with the sound card but less frequently......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back