Contribute
Register

Sound problem on AppleALC. Very quiet sound at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, "Built-in" is the ALC1150 ...

I guess you are using wired speakers - three-pole 3.5mm.

Sometimes four-pole go into th e green motherboard socket to far, or not far enough.

Clearly the software is working because you do get output.
The same headphones on the same port work fine on Windows. I'll try to stick in others.

It's the same with other headphones. I tried both three-pin and four-pin.

It's the same with other headphones. I tried both three-pin and four-pin.

Okay, as everything works fine with Windows the hardware must be working fine.

Try changing the version of AppleALC you are using, to either a slightly older version, or a newer one if you haven't updated recently.

Try changing the version of AppleALC you are using, to either a slightly older version, or a newer one if you haven't updated recently.
I used the latest version 1.5.7
I will try earlier versions

Dropped to version 1.5.0 (lost sound)
Nothing changed. Back to version 1.5.7

Dropped to version 1.5.0 (lost sound)
Nothing changed. Back to version 1.5.7

Okay.

Actually that surprises me because the ALC1150 audio codec has been supported for many years now. I used one myself without problems.

In older versions of MultiBeast there is an earlier version of the ALC1150-specific kext. Normally it would install this in Library/Extensions BUT this is no good for Big Sur as it will block it. If you can extract it and place it in the OC/kexts folder that might be worth trying.

After that, sorry I have no more ideas.

Okay.

Actually that surprises me because the ALC1150 audio codec has been supported for many years now. I used one myself without problems.

In older versions of MultiBeast there is an earlier version of the ALC1150-specific kext. Normally it would install this in Library/Extensions BUT this is no good for Big Sur as it will block it. If you can extract it and place it in the OC/kexts folder that might be worth trying.

Thanks for the help!
I have only one option left - to try to change alcid

Okay.

Maybe this information will give something?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2021-03-01 в 15.29.56.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-03-01 в 15.29.56.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 83
Maybe this information will give something?

Well it just confirms that the Realtek device is present (Device ID = 0x10ec).

If you have tried all the layout IDs listed on the AppleALC web-page, and have the HDAS to HDEF rename in place ...

I found a solution to this problem!
As it turned out, it was enough to connect CodecCommander.kext and everything worked fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back