CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hello everybody,

After some time struggling, I managed to get audio from the Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 (Creative Sound Core 3D) by installing VoodooHDA with Multibeast on post-install of the OS. However, I only get audio through my monitor, connected with a DisplayPort cable. When I connect a jack 3.5 to the mobo itself ,or through front panel headphone jack, I get no sound. I tried looking around for an answer on the forum but couldn't find anything so I decided to open this thread.

I actually could live like this but since I didn't manage to get volume control on my VoodooHDA system prefs, I'm looking for an enlightenment from you. I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-voodoohda-volume-slider-control-fix.25623/ without any success.
My VoodooHDA kext is situated in the Library/Extensions. I changed the values from false to true, reinstalled with Kextbeast, used Kext Utility to fix permissions and cleared kernel cache with Onyx. Still no volume control.

As you can see on the screenshots, I only get HDMI options and no input device.

Now, it is highly possible I'm doing something wrong here, but I hope you guys could give me a hand on one or both my questions. Everything else is working fine, and that's already a victory considering it's my first build ever.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.59.38.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.59.38.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 534
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.59.33.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.59.33.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 569
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.59.21.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.59.21.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 584
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.42.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.42.44.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 511
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.42.42.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 14.42.42.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 471
Ok, so I made some unexpected progress. This wasn't an attempt to fix the issue, but I uninstalled my old Wacom driver and reinstalled the new one. After reboot I noticed I had new options in the audio preferences. So I tested it out and I now managed to get sound directly from the mobo through the line-out. However is till don't have volume control in VoodooHDA.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 15.29.36.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 15.29.36.png
    328.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 15.25.20.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 15.25.20.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 440
Ok, so randomly, sound now stopped working from line-out...don't know what to do anymore. Any help anyone?

It would be much appreciated.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand audio is back without having changed anything. Just woke the computer from sleep and voilà.

I however still don't have volume control, even though I deleted the VoodooHDA.kext from Library/Extensions and reinstalled it in System/Library/Extensions/ after changing the what needed to be changed (false -> true in volumecontrol)

Could anyone give me some advice regarding the way I have to do this? Or what I'm doing wrong? Please.
I'm willing to learn but I feel utterly lost in this new world of Hackintosh.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand audio is back without having changed anything. Just woke the computer from sleep and voilà.

I however still don't have volume control, even though I deleted the VoodooHDA.kext from Library/Extensions and reinstalled it in System/Library/Extensions/ after changing the what needed to be changed (false -> true in volumecontrol)

Could anyone give me some advice regarding the way I have to do this? Or what I'm doing wrong? Please.
I'm willing to learn but I feel utterly lost in this new world of Hackintosh.

I have the similar setup with GTX1070 in it. would you be able to check if your computer restarts normally mine works fine but when ever I restart my PC it does not boot up and hang on the shim hdd. I have to force it shut down and boot it back up manually it's not a big thing but annoys me.
or if you can share your efi folder with me.

I have the similar setup with GTX1070 in it. would you be able to check if your computer restarts normally mine works fine but when ever I restart my PC it does not boot up and hang on the shim hdd. I have to force it shut down and boot it back up manually it's not a big thing but annoys me.
or if you can share your efi folder with me.

Hello. I had some issues at the beginning with the rebooting process, due to the VoodooHDA but I managed to make it work. Here is the CLOVER folder i used, but since I am a beginner in the Hackintosh world, I might not guarantee that it will work for you. You can give it a try though. Keep in mind that with the latest Sierra update, some things have changed, you can find information regarding theses changes in the forum, most probably in the Sierra update thread. You also need a new serial number. I erased that part from the config.plist.
Good luck with this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 202
I have an EVGA 1080 with the same motherboard and am now having issues. I have never been able to get volume control working, but kind of ignored it. I added a 1080 to my setup (was running Intel 630 Integrated graphics before) and now my audio is having issues. It worked fine for two days and now nothing.

Has this issue been addressed?

Sierra 10.12.4
EVGA 1080 FTW2
Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7

I also have this board, and I managed to get audio working with the Z270X Gaming 7. My audio had also stopped, but started working again after I powered down the system completely, and on again. The only issue now is low audio. I need to raise the volume quite high to really hear anything.

I am using AppleHDA_10.13.1_layout-ID_0 for CA0132.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back