Contribute
Register

Sound on 10.13 Realtek ALC256?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan I google it (the problem with ALC256) and back on tonymacx86 :)
I installed 2 kexts - AppleAlc and Lilu. I removed applehda.kext. I added -alcbeta boot arg.I checked DSDT.aml value for layout = 13 (0xD), but still the same problem - no sound. Thank you.

Maybe you deleted AppleHDA.kext?

Attachments

• kextstatOutput.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 293

Attachments

• newArchive.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 137
@RehabMan thank you, here it is.

For ALC256, AppleALC supports both layout-id=13 and layout-id=28.
Make sure AppleALC.kext is installed to /L/E (not /S/L/E).
And you may need LiluFriend.kext.

For ALC256, AppleALC supports both layout-id=13 and layout-id=28.
Make sure AppleALC.kext is installed to /L/E (not /S/L/E).
And you may need LiluFriend.kext.
@RehabMan I still was not able to make it work.
I reinstalled AppleAlc.kext to /L/E, rebooted. No sound.
I went to LiluFriend github.

Configuration
  1. Download the pre-compiled binary from Releases, or compile it yourself by downloading source code.
  2. Open LiluFriend.kext/Contents/Info.plist and navigate to OSBundleLibraries.
  3. Add your desired plugins here. (Check the Info.plist of the plugin and gather its CFBundleIdentifier)
Note: As for version, check Info.plist of each plugin, firstly search for OSBundleCompatibleVersion, if it exists, then use such value, otherwise search for CFBundleVersion and use this value instead.

1. Save your edited Info.plist and install LiluFriend.kext to /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions, you can also let your bootloader inject it if you prefer not to install any kext on system locations for those who want Lilu and its plugins always work fine.
That is what I did - downloaded, opened info.plist. Opened AppleAlc.text info.plist.
Found values pointed with red arrows in AppleAlc.png screen shot. Wrote those values to
info.plist of LiluFriend.kext - see screenshot Friend.png. Installed LiluFriend to both places - /L/E and /S/L/E.
Other files stayed the same. Did i do something wrong?

Attachments

• appleAlc.png
    appleAlc.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 297
  • friend.png
    friend.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 263
Just replaced layout 13 with layout 28 in clover config, recompiled DSDT.dsl, saved it as aml to /patched folder. It didn't help. Any ideas?

@RehabMan I uninstalled lilu, lilufriend and appleACL.
I took appleHda.kext from https://github.com/insanelydeepak/P...eHDA-276.26-ALC256_v2_-_Working_Combojack.zip
Revered ssdt.aml to layout 13, clover config to layout 13
Should I do something else to fix it?

I was having some trouble using Alc256 Combojack as well. Took me some search, and some help some Rehab, but I got it working.

Lilu + Lilufriend + cloverHDA + CodecCommander goes into L/E.
SSDT-ALC256.aml + SSDT-HDEF.aml (in my case I have a special HDEF just to inject layout-id=13) goes into CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
Make sure to inject patches into Clover / Kernel and Kext Patches.

Some of my files are attached just so you can see how I managed to make it work.
I'd like to thanks Rehab for the patience. You're a genius, man!

Attachments

• L:E.zip
    89.5 KB · Views: 250
  • patched.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 236
  • config.plist.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 280
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back