Contribute
Register

Sound on 10.13 Realtek ALC256?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I think you may need to debug what's going on.

Here are screenshots from terminal for kextstat and kextcache as well as a clover folder (minus themes folder)View attachment 265113

note: VoodooHDA was just installed, should I remove it?

Why do you have VoodooHDA installed?
Remove it.
Provide all "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

Here's everything you requested, I think?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 7.46.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 7.46.49 PM.png
    466.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Mohammad’s MacBook.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 168
  • RehabMan.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 119
Valid layout-ids for AppleALC/ALC256 are 13 and 28.
You're injecting 1 (in HDEF._DSM in DSDT).
Where can I find that? Sorry for the extreme lack of knowledge, I've looked in both patched and origin .aml files and can't seem to find it.

Where can I find that? Sorry for the extreme lack of knowledge, I've looked in both patched and origin .aml files and can't seem to find it.

You patched your own DSDT, right? Search for layout-id and you will see it.

You patched your own DSDT, right? Search for layout-id and you will see it.
Not this one, I've done my own ACPI patching before but I have had variable success, this one was done by syscl's auto patcher on github so it's built for my system with the most current BIOS but I hadn't patched it myself. I found what you were referencing and changed it to 0x0D (which would be decimal 13 from hexadecimal 0x0D). Which worked, thanks a bunch, but I must ask, why is it that we must change .aml unpatched to .asl back to .aml once they're patched? This time all I did was I opened up my patched DSDT.aml file, edited the file, saved it back into the same file despite the number of warnings it gave me after I fixed the 3 errors and it worked perfectly.

Which worked, thanks a bunch, but I must ask, why is it that we must change .aml unpatched to .asl back to .aml once they're patched?

AML is converted to source code (text) by the iasl disassembler.
AML is not easy for humans to edit directly.

Last edited:
Did you apply any audio patch to your DSDT and then place the SSDT-ALC256.aml along with it in /patched folder? where did you find the layout ID in DSDT?

@RehabMan I google it (the problem with ALC256) and back on tonymacx86 :)
I installed 2 kexts - AppleAlc and Lilu. I removed applehda.kext. I added -alcbeta boot arg.I checked DSDT.aml value for layout = 13 (0xD), but still the same problem - no sound. Thank you.

Attachments

• archive.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back