Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After my first direct update from 10.14 to 10.15 BETA everything worked. After that I made some tiny changes in my config.plist. After that Sound didn't worked. So I undo my changes but sound won't come back. I tried a few things since that. None worked. I use the lastet clover right now! Its 5045. I am also on the latest BETA (19A526h). I attached my config.plist and also the kext in Others. The kexts in there are also the latest. Mainboard z87x.ud5-th and its the ALC898 I need/use. Also tried Multibeast Mojave Edition and installed ALC898 again. I tried all the different layouts ID suggested on the ALC wiki. layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 28, 65, 66, 98, 99, 101! Nothing worked. If someone would be so nice and take a look in my config.plist - I think there might be the issue.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 18.39.58.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 18.39.58.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 164
  • config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 92
After my first direct update from 10.14 to 10.15 BETA everything worked. After that I made some tiny changes in my config.plist. After that Sound didn't worked. So I undo my changes but sound won't come back. I tried a few things since that. None worked. I use the lastet clover right now! Its 5045. I am also on the latest BETA (19A526h). I attached my config.plist and also the kext in Others. The kexts in there are also the latest. Mainboard z87x.ud5-th and its the ALC898 I need/use. Also tried Multibeast Mojave Edition and installed ALC898 again. I tried all the different layouts ID suggested on the ALC wiki. layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 28, 65, 66, 98, 99, 101! Nothing worked. If someone would be so nice and take a look in my config.plist - I think there might be the issue.

• Information you could provide that would help us to find the cause or narrow down possible causes of loss of Audio in your macOS Catalina Beta 4 Public Release include the following some of which you have already provided:
    • Screen Capture of BIOS _Peripherals [See sample image]​
    • CLOVER kexts /Other [Provided in your post]​
    • config.plist [Provided in your post]​
    • Screen Captures of System Preferences_Sound All 3 Tabs [see sample images ]​
    • Photo of Clover Boot Manager (CBM) _Options_Audio tuning [see sample image]​
    • The make and model of Speaker and Mic used for Audio and whether they work in other Operating systems (to rule out hardware issue)​
  • I have uploaded a CLOVER FileTree and config.plist _Devices screen shots from a Catalina Beta 4 with working Speaker (Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Home Theater Speaker System) and Mic (Logitech WebCam) and MoBo:GA-B85M-DS3H-A for comparison

Attachments

• 1.BIOS _Peripherals.png
    1.BIOS _Peripherals.png
    675.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.System Preferences Sound_Input.png
    2.System Preferences Sound_Input.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 3.System Preferences_Sound_Output.png
    3.System Preferences_Sound_Output.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 4.System Preferences_Sound _Sound Effects.png
    4.System Preferences_Sound _Sound Effects.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 5.CBM_Options_Audio tuning.png
    5.CBM_Options_Audio tuning.png
    595.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 1.CLOVER_FileTree -GA-B85M-DS3H-A.png
    1.CLOVER_FileTree -GA-B85M-DS3H-A.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 2.config.plist_Devices.png
    2.config.plist_Devices.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 207
hi cmm699

Thanks for helping.
I just started to check if there is no hardware issue and botted in my Win Partition! Audio worked there flawless. I booted back into Catalina and surprise surprise! Suddenly my Sound is back! Can't explain why, but booting into Windows solved the problem. Thanks answering!

hi cmm699

Thanks for helping.
I just started to check if there is no hardware issue and botted in my Win Partition! Audio worked there flawless. I booted back into Catalina and surprise surprise! Suddenly my Sound is back! Can't explain why, but booting into Windows solved the problem. Thanks answering!

Did you have dual boot of Windows and Catalina Beta from a single Disk?
Even that could not explain why your Audio had failed earlier.
With the above post I could surmise your BIOS setup had been OK all along and sound peripheral hardware and their connection to sound jacks had been faultless .

Hi!
No, I do not have a dual boot from a single disk! They are separate disks. I had to pull the Win Disk out of my drawer and connect it for testing. I don't use Win that often and so I disconnected the drive.
I don´t understand it either. Yes, BIOS settings were correct! Also cables etc worked. In Catalina I could not see my Audio Device in System Prefernces. But now, after booting in Win and back to Catalina it showed up there.
Strange, but glad that it is working now.

Hi!
No, I do not have a dual boot from a single disk! They are separate disks. I had to pull the Win Disk out of my drawer and connect it for testing. I don't use Win that often and so I disconnected the drive.
I don´t understand it either. Yes, BIOS settings were correct! Also cables etc worked. In Catalina I could not see my Audio Device in System Prefernces. But now, after booting in Win and back to Catalina it showed up there.
Strange, but glad that it is working now.
Good for you:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back