Contribute
Register

Sound Interruptions - OS X Mavericks ALC898, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem.
My mobo has the F10b bios and 10.9.4 osx.

anybody found a solution?
My UD3H has been causing me audio problem for over a year. It's getting worse recently. I can't even listen to any sound longer than 10 seconds.
I'm thinking about getting a sound card that's compatible. Any idea if this will work?

I could not stand it any longer so I got myself a USB audio adapter. Works like a charm! No more hangs, disconnects or pops! Everything works well!! So if you have available USB ports, just get the Sabrent USB External Stereo Audio Adapter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121424958543

Shipped quick, working well!

Hy

i found a simple solution. You just have to use iMac 14.1 définition in multibeast. Green Jack work perfectly.

What I normally do to test if the sound is working is just hit the sound up and down days. If it's working, you get your 'pluck' type sound and a visual showing your sound is going up and down. Now, you don't get any sound when doing that on 10.10. However, I just chose a different output in sounds in prefs, and it worked a treat.

In Yosemite there is by default no sound when you move up or down volume. There is an option in sound effect to bring it back. I lost two hours to find what's wrong with my sound card and it was just this new option....
Itunes play music like a charm....

The way to get my audio working was to install the non DSDT version the ALC898 driver from Multibeast version 6.1.

This installed and I had working audio but for some reason I had interferance noise coming from the speakers, I found a tip where someone said to use the front headphone port instead and this worked perfect with no noise.

Not sure why but it's working for now.

This DSDT edit and an install of VoodooHDA 2.8.7 worked for me:
Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
DCKA, 1,
Offset (0x01),
DCKM, 1,
, 6,
DCKS, 1,
Offset (0x08),
Offset (0x09),
PMEE, 1,
, 6,
PMES, 1
}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x98, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
},

"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device-type",
Buffer (0x12)
{
"Realtek ALC898"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back