Contribute
Register

Sound Interruptions - OS X Mavericks ALC898, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 76684
Tried a couple of voodoos but it didn't work.
Fixed it using ALC115, the output has some low noise, but zero interruptions.
Now I can see all outputs with detail. Green, Black, Gray, Pink, etc...
The only strange thing is that it lets me use from 44.1k to 192k in 16 and 24 bit.
Ah, and that it detects 4 HDMI devices, and I just have a single video card with 2 ports.
Try it and let me know if anyone has a better option.
Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Gerry

Was that ALC1150? And did you remove the other ALCxxx or just add the 1150?

Was that ALC1150? And did you remove the other ALCxxx or just add the 1150?

It is the last driver on Multibeast 6 Audio Section. Instead of choosing ALC898 choose the next one.

The options I use are:
The default options without DSDT which is the last one from the main menu.
Then I just add: The audio driver mentioned above, eSATA support, Intel Network Driver, and thats it.
Then tell multibeast to send this settings to your OSX install.

Im not in the Mac install right now and writhing this off the top of my head, so I hope Im not forgetting something.

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Cheers,
Gerry

It is the last driver on Multibeast 6 Audio Section. Instead of choosing ALC898 choose the next one.
Really bad advice for an 898 motherboard. The result for everyone else is "No Audio Devices" Your screen shot indicates Voodoo is installed, not Realtek ALC AppleHDA.

Really bad advice for an 898 motherboard. The result for everyone else is "No Audio Devices" Your screen shot indicates Voodoo is installed, not Realtek ALC AppleHDA.

I'm sorry, but I'm no expert in this stuff. I was just trying to help others, since there has been no concrete answers towards this issue.

After the 898 kept giving me problems, I started testing the voodoos as someone suggested in this thread.The only tool I use is Multibeast, so I started trying the voodoo drivers and didn't work. When installing I get this message saying that that driver will not work with my system.
Then I tried moving on the ALC list. When I clicked on the ALC it was when my system worked, that's is why I am giving that advice.

Why so many people are still experiencing audio problems?
Can you help us out please?
Thx,
Gerry

I was just trying to help others, since there has been no concrete answers towards this issue.
Disabling audio, the result of your solution, is not helpful. Validate any proposed solution before posting.

So can you help us solve this issue? Or tell us what else to try? Because the ALC898 is not working properly for this board.

Yeah, ALC1150 doesn't work with the UD5H.

I'm on the same page. Same mobo, i7 4770k CPU, and having issues with the audio even while using a dedicated audio interface (Symphony I/O). The audio goes especially bonkers as soon as I try to record something in Pro Tools. Only fix currently is to restart interface, go into Audio/MIDI Setup and change the sample rate or just flat out restart everything in some cases.

this happens with every haswell system out there including mine.It could be a power management issue or a jack detection problem.
I personally have no problems listening to itunes while stressing the cpu with cinebench.So maybe not a power management issue after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back