Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Okay, I'm at my wits end and begging for help. I'm experiencing a new development... on wake form sleep, sound plays. But if I stop it for more than 30 seconds, it's gone. Internal Speakers is still selected, but... no sound. I've verified I've got the latest Codec Commander, I've placed it everywhere (the recommended S/L/E, L/E, and C/K/O). I've been through every iteration of Darkwake from no to 10. Nothing is working. I've attached my problem reporting files using @black.dragon74's awesome script, but for some reason the IOReg dump isn't working, so I did that manually. If I've done something wrong or haven't followed the rules, PLEASE let me know. My machine was working perfectly until a few days ago and i'm anxious to get back to that state.

Attachments

• debug_19673.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Bill’s iMac (14363).ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
black.dragon74 said:
Enable accessibility for terminal from system prefs > privacy > accessibility > terminal.

Thanks, @black.dragon74! That did the trick! Proper problem report files now posted. Does ANYBODY have any thoughts on the sound issue? @toleda ? Sorry to sound so pathetic but right now I'm feeling kind of... pathetic.

Attachments

• debug_28776.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
@toleda , et. al. It looks like I fixed it. I updated to the latest Apple ALC and WhateverGreen, rebooted, and so far so good. After two sleep cycles I still have audio... and it sticks. *whew* It's a little early for a drink, but I think I'm going to go have one. A shame I quit smoking a decade ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back