Contribute
Register

Sound crackling

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is only when I connect my headphones via the fron connector in my Case. And the ports on my case are okay, working on Linux and Windows.

It's only crackling when sound is playing, if nothing is playing nothing happens :)
You could try adjusting the sample rate for the device in Audio Midi Setup

Same problem here, Turtlebeach recon 320.
Got alc887 working but there are some small problems like the background noise like 'ssssssssss' and also the headset it's not working (crackling).

My Z77 Desktop uses ALC887 but i did my Audio myself from a Linux Dump. Background noise can be caused by a lot of things i.e Ethernet card interfere with feedback.

It is only when I connect my headphones via the fron connector in my Case. And the ports on my case are okay, working on Linux and Windows.

It's only crackling when sound is playing, if nothing is playing nothing happens :)

Which Audio Codec?

Well this problem is getting worse.
Now sometimes my sound won't work at all randomly. If I try to use something with sound (chrome with youtube, spotify etc.) the app will just crash. If I want to go into the sound settings I juist get a beachball and have to force Quit. Only way to get it backto work is rebooting.

I'm using ALC1220A :)

None of my hardware has ALC1220A. Try re-running Multibeast make sure that Audio is coming under HDEF.

None of my hardware has ALC1220A. Try re-running Multibeast make sure that Audio is coming under HDEF.
Did that already. Still the same problem

Like this?

Attachments

• Daniel’s iMac.ioreg
    10.7 MB · Views: 102
Like this?

Correct. From looking at ioreg Audio is working & Audio is coming under HDEF which is correct. You may require a Linux Audio Dump and create your own Injector kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back