Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT (x2)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have had this working once, and don't remember how i did it. I installed iMessage beta and my machine went all Kernal Panic on my and now won't boot up and I don't know enough about Kernal panics and user mode to repair it. I have several other working Macs in the house, this is my desktop Hackintosh though and so miss it. I am stuck with windows 7 at this time and i HATE it.

So, I went to rebuild the machine and can't get the sound to work at all now - so instead of fighting the battle anymore - I will opt to purchase a sound card of whatever brand/make/model you all suggest here. Especially if I can wonder on down to Best Buy and pick it up now... :)

Sooooooo - what sound card do I get? Affordable and known to work easily with my hardware and using Lion 10.7.3

Thanks,

No opinions on a sound card to try? With all the smart people in this forum i figured asking for an opinion would give me a ton of replies

:)

USB Audio plugin... $8.00 works OOB, no additional kexts required.
See my sig for LAZY fixes.

rcperkinsjr said:
I installed iMessage beta and my machine went all Kernal Panic on me

Same thing happened to me. I installed iMessage Beta. There was some issue with the Dock right after. I manage to close some apps and got the dock working right. Yesterday before starting a new project i restarted the computer and i was unable to boot from anything.

The only way i found was to format the drive, plug-in unibeast drive and boot into the installation. I used my time capsule to install a backup that dated before iMessage. And still it woulnd boot from the HD. I then simply booted again from the thumb drive with 10.7.3 on it and installed OSX. I did the normal install process over my backup so only the OS was updating and fixing itself. I ended up in OSX, ran multi beast and voilà. I am now booting again from my HDD but i didn't install iMessage Beta this time.

have several other working Macs in the house, this is my desktop Hackintosh though and so miss it. I am stuck with windows 7 at this time and i HATE it.
o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back