Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H
CPU
i5
Graphics
GT 520
Hello everybody, I have a weird problem that I can not find a solution for.
I have a sound blaster X-fi Xtreme audio Pci-e on a mountain lion system, I am able to make it work with multibeast with the universal audio kext, but, it works after installing it (with regular speakers and digital output), repair permissions and restart,but, when I restart again, it will not work and I have only the choice of digital out all around, is there a way to make the output permanent on the system, I guess that there is a file that keeps resetting the audio to digital, but I am ignorant about it, does anybody has a solution or info for this?
Thanks

beelzebozo

Super Moderator
Motherboard
ASUS z170-Deluxe
CPU
i7 - 6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody, I have a weird problem that I can not find a solution for.
I have a sound blaster X-fi Xtreme audio Pci-e on a mountain lion system, I am able to make it work with multibeast with the universal audio kext, but, it works after installing it (with regular speakers and digital output), repair permissions and restart,but, when I restart again, it will not work and I have only the choice of digital out all around, is there a way to make the output permanent on the system, I guess that there is a file that keeps resetting the audio to digital, but I am ignorant about it, does anybody has a solution or info for this?
Thanks

Search the net for the KXAudio.kext. It's meant for Creative sound cards.

Motherboard
Win 8, Mountain Lion
CPU
i5-2500k @ 4.3
Graphics
EVGA 670 Sig 2
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Efra33, I am trying to get my X-FI Xtreme Gamer sound card to work on ML - did you ever get your card to work? If so, can you explain how? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.