P8Z77-V LE
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
image.jpg
when installing Sierra fresh from a USB (using a 3.0 in a 2.0 port) i get this error (past the initial installation, cannot boot into the OS)

How do I resolve this?
i7 3770k (stock speeds)
Asus P8Z77-V LE motherboard
Using a Intel 520 SSD (180gb) as boot drive

View attachment 225467 when installing Sierra fresh from a USB (using a 3.0 in a 2.0 port) i get this error (past the initial installation, cannot boot into the OS)

How do I resolve this?
i7 3770k (stock speeds)
Asus P8Z77-V LE motherboard
Using a Intel 520 SSD (180gb) as boot drive

Which connection is using for monitor ??

Can try booting in safe mode.

Which connection is using for monitor ??

Can try booting in safe mode.

I've tried nv_disable=1, -X (safe mode, doesn't work) and I have -V and kext-dev-mode=1 on by default.

I am using DVI-D1 (1 is to signify that it's the first one, I'm using DVI-D) for my monitor (single link) and HDMI for my second, and another DVI-D2 for my third. OS X uses HDMI over DVI-D1 and it extends over from HDMI to DVI-D1. DVI-D2 gets no signal whatsoever.

I've tried nv_disable=1, -X (safe mode, doesn't work) and I have -V and kext-dev-mode=1 on by default.

I am using DVI-D1 (1 is to signify that it's the first one, I'm using DVI-D) for my monitor (single link) and HDMI for my second, and another DVI-D2 for my third. OS X uses HDMI over DVI-D1 and it extends over from HDMI to DVI-D1. DVI-D2 gets no signal whatsoever.

Are using USB 2.0 Drive or 3.0 Drive ??

Try booting after connecting different onboard ports.

How the options USB Legacy, xHCI Mode, xHCI Hand-Off, EHCI Hand-Off configured on your BIOS ??

Are using USB 2.0 Drive or 3.0 Drive ??

Try booting after connecting different onboard ports.

How the options USB Legacy, xHCI Mode, xHCI Hand-Off, EHCI Hand-Off configured on your BIOS ??

I am using a USB 3 device, however it's plugged into a 2.0 device. The problem is booting into macOS and not installing it.
USB legacy is auto and there's no mention of xHCI, xHCI handoff and EHCI

Ignore, means AppleHDA does not recognize the audio codec (normal)
Audio is not the boot problem, likely graphics.
I am using a R9 380, set as a R9 285 (they both are the same GPUs inside, a rebrand)

I am using a R9 380, set as a R9 285 (they both are the same GPUs inside, a rebrand)

You initial post not saying that you have a GFX card.

Update your build's hardware details under Personal Details section in the below format (Option is available on the upper right side of this website). Without knowing the exact hardware details, no one can point you to the right direction and this will help members to avoid scroll back to check your spec.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover Legacy/Clover UEFI/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Rev:1.0 (BIOS: F6) (CLOVER UEFI)
CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-6700
Graphics : Gigabyte GTX 970 WINDFORCE / Intel® HD Graphics 530

You initial post not saying that you have a GFX card.

Update your build's hardware details under Personal Details section in the below format (Option is available on the upper right side of this website). Without knowing the exact hardware details, no one can point you to the right direction and this will help members to avoid scroll back to check your spec.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover Legacy/Clover UEFI/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Rev:1.0 (BIOS: F6) (CLOVER UEFI)
CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-6700
Graphics : Gigabyte GTX 970 WINDFORCE / Intel® HD Graphics 530

I've fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back