Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

So all is well with my Hackintosh except the onboard ALC892 sound and ethernet. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
CPU: Intel i7-2600
RAM: Kingston 6GB
Audio: ALC892
Ethernet: Intel 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Controller

I do get sound through the green jack, however, but it is very noisy. I have read of others having this problem but I am yet to find a solution for my particular setup. I have installed all versions of the VoodooHDA and ALC88x kexts but none seem to do the trick. The only one that remotely works is the one that comes with the post installation folder, but as I said, it's really noisy. Tips or tricks? I have a plist editor and am familiar with editing them so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Ethernet is not working at all. I installed the Gigabit kext/enabler in Multibeast but still no luck. I'm stumped there too so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

Bump.

No suggestions guys?

Just for anyone with the same problem, I ended up fixing the ethernet and audio problem, along with the unbeknownst-at-that-point USB 3.0 and eSATA issues I was having. The issues being, of course, that they did not work.

All I did was install the included relevant drivers from Multibeast individually along with System Utilities (repair permissions and rebuild caches).

Everything worked perfectly and my system is now 100% working including all onboard and 3rd party peripherals.

Thanks all!

Oh, wow your post was not answered since January? :eek:

On here there is a lot of support posts.

Place [SOLVED] in title post.

Mo Facta said:
Just for anyone with the same problem, I ended up fixing the ethernet and audio problem, along with the unbeknownst-at-that-point USB 3.0 and eSATA issues I was having. The issues being, of course, that they did not work.

All I did was install the included relevant drivers from Multibeast individually along with System Utilities (repair permissions and rebuild caches).

Everything worked perfectly and my system is now 100% working including all onboard and 3rd party peripherals.

Thanks all!

How exactly did you fix the audio? I have tried voodoo and the audio kexts in multi beast and my audio is still noisy. Can you provide a step by step approach?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back